gt3071r @1.7 bar made 400bhp

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
as in retainers and uprated springs Bill?

I think you need to get rid of hydraulic lifters too and fit solid ones if im correct..

7800rpm is what I span too on stock springs

9000rpm on supertechs

Wish I could go 9K, that would suprise my vtec friends!

What would you feel is a safe rev limit for standard springs etc Bill?

I think one main reason I want it lower is because once the wheels spin in say 1st or 2nd it revs up too quick and I always endup revving over 8k before I get off the pedal so I thought atleast at 7300rpm I can do it all day long so to speak:whistle:

My car is daily driven and driven hard most of the time and with a big turbo you have no choice but to go up the revs :p

Just had a thought...can the rev limit be set individually for each gear with me7 ecu??

jim s3

i have the gt3076 with the .82 housing just need to get the money together and get bill to map it but mine is on a s3

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
i have the gt3076 with the .82 housing just need to get the money together and get bill to map it but mine is on a s3

Im getting mine mapped on the 15th April, if your running before that let us know how it is goes!
Yours will be more fun being able to make the most of the power!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I think you need to get rid of hydraulic lifters too and fit solid ones if im correct..

Wish I could go 9K, that would suprise my vtec friends!

What would you feel is a safe rev limit for standard springs etc Bill?

I think one main reason I want it lower is because once the wheels spin in say 1st or 2nd it revs up too quick and I always endup revving over 8k before I get off the pedal so I thought atleast at 7300rpm I can do it all day long so to speak:whistle:

My car is daily driven and driven hard most of the time and with a big turbo you have no choice but to go up the revs :p

Just had a thought...can the rev limit be set individually for each gear with me7 ecu??

Supertech have just lunched their solid lifters so I will be building the new engine with these.
9k on hydro's is asking a lot, I know that. I also know several folks who have been doing this for some time... Mines been to 9krpm several times on its first dyno session, span up sweet as a nut. I swear by v300 Motul oil however.

7800rpm on stock springs is my personal limit.

me7 does'nt support gear limit limiters. you would get that from standalones

use your apexi avc-r to do the gear limit boost so you dont need to flare the rpms, optimise the torque vs traction not the rev limiter

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Supertech have just lunched their solid lifters so I will be building the new engine with these.
9k on hydro's is asking a lot, I know that. I also know several folks who have been doing this for some time... Mines been to 9krpm several times on its first dyno session, span up sweet as a nut. I swear by v300 Motul oil however.

7800rpm on stock springs is my personal limit.

me7 does'nt support gear limit limiters. you would get that from standalones

use your apexi avc-r to do the gear limit boost so you dont need to flare the rpms, optimise the torque vs traction not the rev limiter

I used to always have to turn the duty well down over 6k i guess thats due to surge and the small 0.63 housing on the old turbo, hopefully that will be gone now, always a pain setting it up, everyday its different!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Traction was always going to be a problem, what happened at the end??
Once you get all the feck ups that the other guy did to your engine sorted you'll easily shave 1.5 seconds off of that.

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Traction was always going to be a problem, what happened at the end??
Once you get all the feck ups that the other guy did to your engine sorted you'll easily shave 1.5 seconds off of that.

THat was the time i went pod before the daytime runs, I broke my C.V joint!!

The car wheel hopped like crazy and I kept going for it!

Got that sorted since, adjusted the suspension and have vibratechnics competition mounts all round which made all the difference, just need that extra power now!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members