GT3071R ibiza build thread

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
no. currently sitting with no gearbox. need to pull my finger out and get the gearset sent off to frozen solid.

ive removed it from box. just waiting for me and alex to get them done.

in no rush as i dont drive it in the wet anyway, plus my training has massive taken my interest at mo. and most of my money!! so between that and the estate not much gets done :(

new engine only done 1800miles:-o:-o:ban:

you looking for a second race car bill? :cartman:

no.. not looking for another..
ones plenty to keep me occupied personally.

Juber

May 7, 2008
I too again read through this properley lat night, just amazing mate - lots of work gone into it....

Sorry to ask a really dumb question, but with GT28 and GT30 turbo units, whats the main difference between them, and also how much extra work is involved on having the GT30 over the 28?

I was told by some one that on a Quattro TT you need oil cooler, Halxed oil cooler??, Forged pistons, springs, Valves, larger inlet manifold, 630cc injectors, larger intercooler than what Forge offer, and those were the manditory bits? Am i being fooled here because of my lack of knowledge?

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
yea, frozen solid.

i got chatting and as im doin a coulpe of boxes we got real good discount

juber.....thats like saying whats the main difference between a leon and an ibiza.......its just bigger....a gt30 is the next stage in the garret range.

and what you was told was pretty much right. a gt28 can essentially be run on a standard engine. gt30 needs to be a fully built engine

jamiebennett81

Right then boys and girls, so it started with a quick turbo change to a k03s which soon became a k04 conversion. i then saw the garrett light and went for the gt28rs. that when bang so im now on route to '1.9 20vt GT3071R'

i picked up an audi tt engine with 15,000 miles and pulled it apart to make way for machining work. all of my internals have turned up (bottom end anyway) so i can advance with my progress:funk:

All the engine parts have turned up this weekend and have ruined my xmas as there is no way i can recieve a present even half as good as what i got in this parcel.
Photo-0076.jpg

ARP head bolts and main bolts

Photo-0067.jpg

Pauter rods

Photo-0069.jpg

je pistons

Photo-0070.jpg

Photo-0071.jpg

some kind of new sump gasket !?!?

Photo-0075.jpg

and valve stem seals, gasket kit, oversize head gasket, mains and big ends.

im now about to order the turbo and external wastegate so will be here in the early in the new year:D

updates will be made as i have them, as always :):)

HoocH

Hooch, where did you source all those parts from and how much for each part?

I am guessing it was cheaper to buy the ARP bolts, pistons and rods as a package?

or did you buy them separately?

jamiebennett81

all them parts were bought together.

iirc it was about £1500 for that box

all bought from rodney huss

thanks mate

going down a similar, but "not as powerful as yours" route over the next 12 months and just saving for bits now:)

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
exchange rate is a nightmare at the mo.Was just about to buy a turbo kit nows it's £700 more!

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
manifold has had a massive re-design. i have managed toget extended warrenty for the new buyer.

i pulled out gearbox to have it strengthened but i am waiting on alex to get his ready to sen them together.

HoocH

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i think im going to be breaking this. just want to see what kind of money i can get for it 1st.

jamie. you maybe interested in the engine!? as i know you are looking at doing internals. it will save you a fortune.

also there is stuff like carbon porsche seats. schroth harnesses. porsche brakes. seat sport sump.
stainless FULL 3" exhaust system, may put the lsd box in my estate!? pro alloy front mount. forge catch can (made for ibiza)spec clutch, eurospec flywheel, vt engine mounts. the list goes on.

i want to see what i can get for the engine 1st then go from there.

what do people rekon on engine? 2005 block. 83mm overbore with je pistons (ceramic and telfon extras) pauter rods, arp mains studs, genuine new oil pump. supertech valves, supertech double springs, titanium retainers, new cam chain tensioner. racewear head studs. what kinda money?

thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise