1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Guide: Armrest Installation

Discussion in 'Mk2 Leon FAQ's (1P) 2006-2012' started by SeatDanny, Dec 8, 2009.

1. SeatDanny

SeatDanny Developing SEAT owner!

[​IMG][/IMG]

Tools:

- 1 Drill
    - One pencil
    - 5 screws (provided with armrest)
    - 1 star head screw driver

How to:

- Place armrest in position, it only rests properly in one place so you cant mess it up
    - It will rest over the Aux-in (green mark)
    - Next mark at the red with a pencil a guide to drill your first hole
    - Drill hole
    - Place armrest back on and screw in first screw, this will stop it moving while you mark the remaining holes to be drilled. Mark holes.
    - Remove armrest and drill the remaining 4 Blue holes
    - Put armrest back on and screw all screws in halfway first, then tighten them, this stops u accidentally moving the armrest while screwing!
    - Stick down insert provided
    - Sit back and pimp!!

NOTES
    - Do not use a drills to screw in the screws, there is too much torque and this will wreck the plastics.
    - Where i have marked the GREEN square you should have access to your aux-in so you can connect your ipod etc and keep it out of site. A hole comes made in the bottom of the armrest for this reason!
    - I stole this pic from another thread i take no credit for it.

Happy Pimping!

#1 SeatDanny, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. SeatDanny

3. itsmefishy

itsmefishy Active Member

How much are these armrests? What trims do they come in??

4. paulfs

paulfs Active Member

Looks good - how solid / secure does it feel? if you lean on it when shifting in seat does it feel solid?

5. SeatDanny

Its super solid, it doesn't budge whatsoever with all the screws in. some people use number plate sticky pads to secure it but i wouldnt imagine it works half as well! I honestly don't no how ive lived without one till now!

Contact SEREMOTORS on this forum, David will sort u out with one for a good price!

6. SeatDanny

they are £90ish if i remember correctly. Just come in the above trim (half cloth/leather) as far as i know. Ive heard of guys getting it upholstered in their own style for bout £30.

7. paulfs

paulfs Active Member

Armrest is now £140 incl VAT from stealers :cry: - mine on order tho :happy:

8. Tibi

Tibi Guest

i heard that in UK are cheaper then other countries
    here in RO are very expesive,about 200-250€
    i have an altea cover and i'll try to feet it

9. J500ANT

J500ANT Active Member

I realise i've dug up an old thread, but with the armrest fitted do you lose the use of the 2 cupholders?

10. SeatDanny

yes and no, they get covered by the armrest however the reubber insert inside the armrest that covers the cup holders can be lifted out. so yes u can still use ur cupholders, they'll just be hidden inside the armrest.

11. Richard D

Richard D FR TFSI

Picked up mine today from dealer in Droitwich, £126 and fitted it today, took less than 10 mins and looks great!:D

12. GrahamFR

GrahamFR Now AMG Powered

Just out of interest, i have white and black seats, can i get an arm-rest in black and white?

13. SeatDanny

Not as far as i know mate, they all seem to come in half black, half black n red spots.

You can get it reupholstered which some people have done!

14. alesi27

alesi27 My other car's a Mustang!

Hi all,

Not wishing to hijack this thread, but has anyone fitted the one that tilts up between the seats (like the one in my old 2001 Toledo) and has a lid that opens back and up but also slides forward? There's a few on evilbay right now, dunno if I can post a link but an item number is 390286064890 or something.

Just wondering if they are any good. Apologies in advance if I've done something I shouldn't have.

Cheers,
    Roy

15. GrahamFR

GrahamFR Now AMG Powered

hey i like that, they even have the same silly white seats like me :D unfortunatley though i use my cup-holders for a splitter that fits in nicely and a wierd chewing gum ball, and i cant use the cup-holder at the front cos thats where my Ipod docking thingy is, shame though i do a lot of motorway miles and i bet its nice to have one.

16. Scotty2hotty

Scotty2hotty The futures bright...

I still think the standard armrest is better looking than the optional ebay example (ive never seen that one before) 390286064890

Here is mine:

[​IMG]

That ebay version has unsightly screws attached to the cd holder compartment at the back. does look comfortable though

17. GrahamFR

GrahamFR Now AMG Powered

your making me jealous now, i might have to rearrange my stuff and get one, its a shame they dont do a white and black one to suite.

and i also miss my old gear-knob :(

18. GrahamFR

GrahamFR Now AMG Powered

And i think that ones better as it wont block the hand-brake as much

19. Scotty2hotty

Scotty2hotty The futures bright...

Hey theres nothing stopping you getting one re-upholstered. I think Cila on this site had his redone in a more suitable material for his interior.

I often sit inside the cupras and fr's at the stealers and now judge how complete the car is based on whether it has an armrest or not. :D It doesnt impede the handbrake at all as the one on ebay appears to.

Plus the stock leon sport gearknob had to go, horrible. Love the cupra gearknob, plus it matches the interior just lovely.

#19 Scotty2hotty, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  20. Kadiea

Kadiea Guest

Might actually get my hands on one of these. Can you lock these?