Guide - Change KMH to MPH on MFD

owen123

Jun 11, 2019
A quick guide to changing the digital speed readout on the MFD from KMH to MPH on UK Ibiza. I couldn't find the information clearly when I wanted to do this, so hopefully this guide will help someone. This worked on my 2010 model.

Firstly you will need a Carista Adapter, they are currently £16 on Amazon and come with a 30 day trial (the changes last after this, just you will need to pay to make future changes). This could also be done using VCDS or maybe other adapters, but Carista is very simple and cheap.

Plug the adapter in and turn on the ignition, launch the Carista App and select Customise, it will then scan for around 30 seconds. Hit "Instruments Display Dings" and then you need to change the Instrument Cluster Region to Australia. As far as I can tell there are no side affects of doing this, my exterior lights are the same and all of the other units in the car are the same (still UK MPG).

IMG-1875.jpg

The next part is what I was stuck on for ages - you need to disable the KMH readout at the bottom of the MFD before the MPH will show in the trip computer. To do this, click the left clock button until your mileage readout is blinking, and then click set (you may not need to do this if you have already disabled the KMH display).

Now you should be able to display current MPH if you scroll through the trip computer.

Owen.

Reactions: slunat

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I did this too but it's only this big on the Ibiza - 73 - so I don't bother as it's too small to see quickly.

Adding it to a proper MFD like on the Toledo or later Ibiza in comparison it's this big - 73

Other stuff I've done on the Ibiza, speed dependent wipers, tear wipe for drops, auto rear wipe, cornering fogs, euro parking lights.

Carista is a good toy for little money, but I have f**ked up the DRL and headlight settings with it on the Toledo and can't seem to revert.

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Sorry if I don’t understand
Is this for the small km/h, reading currently at the bottom right of the MFD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017

I thought this couldn’t be done

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yep. Just change the dash to Australia as described above and then your secondary speed display can be seen in mph not kph as per UK spec.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
A quick guide to changing the digital speed readout on the MFD from KMH to MPH on UK Ibiza. I couldn't find the information clearly when I wanted to do this, so hopefully this guide will help someone. This worked on my 2010 model.

Firstly you will need a Carista Adapter, they are currently £16 on Amazon and come with a 30 day trial (the changes last after this, just you will need to pay to make future changes). This could also be done using VCDS or maybe other adapters, but Carista is very simple and cheap.

Plug the adapter in and turn on the ignition, launch the Carista App and select Customise, it will then scan for around 30 seconds. Hit "Instruments Display Dings" and then you need to change the Instrument Cluster Region to Australia. As far as I can tell there are no side affects of doing this, my exterior lights are the same and all of the other units in the car are the same (still UK MPG).

IMG-1875.jpg

The next part is what I was stuck on for ages - you need to disable the KMH readout at the bottom of the MFD before the MPH will show in the trip computer. To do this, click the left clock button until your mileage readout is blinking, and then click set (you may not need to do this if you have already disabled the KMH display).

Now you should be able to display current MPH if you scroll through the trip computer.

Owen.

Wow thanks so much for this. I've tried the region change to Australia before and it didn't change anything, I hadn't done the second bit tho you mentioned. I can finally see a digital mph now also for those with OBDeleven, this is also possible through long coding. Just go into the bit where it shows all the different categories and choose the one with the picture of the dash. Go into long coding and change the country to Australia. Then do the second bit mentioned in the post and you will see a new screen pop up with the speedo

slunat

Dec 21, 2017

Nope. Doing this will get rid of the km/h reading and just keep the mirage there all the time. Instead you’ll get an extra screen before the average speed screen that shows your MPH reading. At least that’s what mine has done

owen123

Jun 11, 2019
To clarify this is how it looks after the change, as far as I know there is no way to make it small like the KMH readout.

OmSOBW5.jpg

owen123

Jun 11, 2019
I'm going to try this after work, hope it works thanks! I've also tried to get the back lights to scandinavian but can't seem to find it on carista

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

What does that do for the lights? I don't have auto lights so I don't think any of the settings change for me other than cornering lights.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
What does that do for the lights? I don't have auto lights so I don't think any of the settings change for me other than cornering lights.

Sets the rear lights to stay on all the time. I've not got auto lights either but I was able to turn it on for mine. Makes the car look a lot cooler, especially if you've got the better LED lights. I activated it through long coding on obdeleven, not sure about carista

Reactions: owen123
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members