markmeus

GUIDE: Fitting a W8 light (Mk5 Ibiza)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Can't see the pic, but i know what your talking about, i did see a guide where someone with an alarm had fitted it, it was exactly the same.

The interior light is the same size/shape regardless of whether or not an alarm or sunroof is fitted. The only thing I noticed on the pic i saw was that the W8 light was a slightly different shade of grey to the plastic surrounding the sensors, but it was very subtle.

If i can find the pic I'll post it up

Maxt890

Nov 1, 2011
England
Thanks for the reply, might have to give this a go soon. Sorry about the pic I use dropbox and there settings have changed alot.

Jordynxx

Excellent Guide, Used this a little while ago to install mine and love the W8 Light looks brilliant

MikeST

Aug 29, 2015
Great how-to! Thank you! I don't have my Ibiza yet, will be delivered around november (latest Facelift).
Do I need a grey or beige interior light? I guess grey?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Great how-to! Thank you! I don't have my Ibiza yet, will be delivered around november (latest Facelift).
Do I need a grey or beige interior light? I guess grey?

If I were you, I'd just wait and see what is fitted to your new car, and maybe you could work out exactly how to fit a sunglasses holder in the same area, probably need to check out Leon and Golf for that!

silmirael

Sep 15, 2013
can't find an affordable w8 light on the web, oemvag is dead , and I can't buy from ebay :(

Mar 29, 2019
Is the wiring still the same for an Ibiza with Automatic Headlights and LED DRLs (65 plate) - ie do you still hook up to the blue/grey wire behind the switch?

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.