GUIDE: Fix Rear Wiper Sprayer

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
Thought i should put a guide up with pictures to show how to fix your rear wiper sprayer. If your wiper isnt spraying and you have wet boot carpet or water underneath N/S rear seat then this is more than likely the problem. Theres is a connection behind a panel in the boot that the boot light is in. Its a little push/snap fit connector for the water pipe. This simply pops off thus allowing the water to flow in to the boot.

This is how mine looked when i tried the rear wiper but no water came though the wiper.

IMG006.jpg

IMG010.jpg

Tools needed:

Phillips Screwdriver
Electrical Tape

Guide:

Firstly to remove the trim: Remove 2 x philips screws, just under boot light the holding trim.

IMG045.jpg

Then fold down rear N/S passenger seat and remove 1 x Philips screw from trim.

IMG046.jpg

Gently pull the trim panel away from side buy pulling from the bottom (there are plastic clips at the top holding it on - 2 things to watch out for are the boot light cable & the rear seatbelt plastic clamp.

Disconnect light cable for better access then just push the tube back onto the connector and wrap tightly some electrical tape to stop the connector popping off again.

Before

IMG041.jpg

After

IMG043.jpg

Replace all in reverse of above.

You will have to slip the trim panel in behind the trim at the rear lights and then ease the rubber seal over the trim - self explanatory when you see it.

IMG044.jpg

Hope this solves your problem to rear sprayer not working. This guide was put together with the help of bruceR.

Last edited:

draky_uk

Mar 7, 2012
near doncaster
i am just going to do this. i hope this is the reason mine isnt working.
i havent noticed any water but after it not workin i havent pressed it again.

will report bk in abit

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.