Guide - how to upgrade leon mk2 speakers

Destructo

I've had my tdi Leon fr since October last year, and the sound was ok but I was used to a better stereo in my old motor (after I'd got to work on it!).

I've just ordered myself a 'complete upgrade kit' - some new speakers, speaker adaptors and a trim removal tool - for getting to the speaker itself without scratching anything. One thing it doesn't come with in a torx screwdriver though.

I'm posting because it has a great guide to go with it and thought it could help some other people on here too - I've always found this forum very helpful :D

The tutorial and upgrade kit can be found here:

http://demonaudio.co.uk/tutorial/seat/leon/doorspeakerupgradetutorial.aspx

I'll post how I got on if people are interested?

Can't wait till it arrives!!!

Hopes it helps other people too :D

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Sounds interesting and it would be good to see how you get on:)

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
thats not bad i guess the key item is the speaker adapters im guess with these you WON'T NEED to saw any plastic bits off right or is this wrong? and btw which link is it for the complete upgrade? as the pack they do is only for the front speakers - Im getting to the point where my speakers are starting to pop I keep listening at 10 and 11 but if i go over it distorts alot - good post btw :)

Destructo

Pack has arrived!

Hi Guys,

The pack's arrived - it's dark out so I'm going to leave it to the weekend. The pack does come with 4 speakers and 4 speaker adaptors and a trim removal tool - thats why I posted it coz it's an awesome deal!!!

dave.c - It comes with 2 sets of both speakers and speaker adaptors, and the guide says they need cutting because they're made for Golfs I think.

Will pop some pics up at the weekend weather permitting :D

They look the business!!! Really impressed they've arrived so quick!!!

Thanks for the thumbs up everyone :D

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Good find mate , but not sure if it will be much of an upgrade for the effort.

You will now be driving 2 tweeters in each door so 8 now in total in the car so will probably be too bright.
If the speakers are capable of handling more bass then you will find the next weakness which will be rattles , dynmatt is a must , i did my 2 front doors and its a massive improvement , only thing is the door cards need to come off which is a pain in the ass of a job.

Destructo

Upgrade done :clap:!!!

I followed the instructions in the link from my first post. Was exactly as described - great job!

Interestingly when its cranked up it's not the doors that rattle but the panel on the roof panel that has the light on it!

Overall I'm more than happy with it - the treble needs a bit of adjustment or it's screaming, but this reduces the blasting of treble you get from the door release catch which is another plus.

I plan to do the stereo upgrade too as I want to put my old (but better) headunit in for ipod support in the next month so it'll be interesting how this affects it too.

I did it yesterday but my camera was pretty knackered, and now the battery's decided to charge again I don't want to go out coz of the snow!!! I'll take a couple of pics in a lunch break this week :)

For £95 it's a bargain!

Pics coming

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Overall I'm more than happy with it - the treble needs a bit of adjustment or it's screaming, but this reduces the blasting of treble you get from the door release catch which is another plus.

The reason your treble is bright or screaming is you are now running 8 tweeters :blink:
And you probable have different frequencies set for them , all depends waht filter the new speakers you have are set at.
I never use the rear speakers in my car , only the front are powered so is easy to adjust to what sound you are after.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.