Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mk2 Leon Guides (1P) 2006-2012' started by DanGB, Sep 16, 2007.
That's not good. It means I really want it
DanGB, where is the best place to buy the cluster and display screen from? know of any good fitters
Try Seremotors on here, he's a Seat parts dealer in Northern Ireland. gives excellents discounts though.
You can fit the cluster yourself. Remove all the trim to enable access to the old cluster, take it to the Seat dealer, they can swap the old with the new in 1minute and recode the new cluster (half hour labour). Take the car home and put all the old trim back together.
Is it possible to recode the mute button so that it mutes instead of intiating voice control?
I dont think so, because i'd quite like that. I'll maybe have a look tommorow.
so to swap small screen cluster for big screen cluster its as simple as buy the new one, then get it coded off your old once at the SEAT dealer?
Will that enable all the extra features that are available on the larger display?
yes and yes
good question actually.... what does the bigger screen do that the smaller one doesn't?? lol
Related question to BT retrofit
I've just bought an aftermarket double din unit with nav, bluetooth and ipod fuctionality. Its compatible with some of the steering wheel controls but the OEM bluetooth doesn't work. Not a big deal as the unit has BT built in. What i'd like to do is change the steering wheel buttons that control the BT to the functionality of a MF steering wheel without BT (i.e mute etc). Is it simply a case of disconnecting the BT unit under the seat and these buttons will revert to standard use? (I'd obviously have to chage the button covers themselves though).
Two things ...
1. I've just found this site that are selling a MFSW with the telephone buttons for €140. Too late for me as I've literally just p/x my Leon but thought others may be interested (Dan?)
2. I whipped out my retrofit Bluetooth kit before selling my car and so have both it and an MFD2 sat nav for sale. Anyone interested then look on ebay from Thursday lunch. (edit: adverts added in accessories for sale section of this forum too).
I'm really, really going to miss my Leon
Very good thread DanGB. A lot of very useful info in here.
I have a little situation with a new Seat Leon MK2 MY 2009 from a friend of mine. The dealer told him when he bought it that it had OEM Bluetooth fitted. After buying the car and trying to connect the Bluetooth to the phone we discovered there was no BT unit in there. So he made a complaint to the dealer and they said the would fix it. Now they have fitted (without asking) a Parrot carkit and drilled a hole in the dash for the cable and sticked it to the dash with some velcro. Not very professional for a car with Phone steering wheel controls.
Now we have told them to replace the Parrot with the original OEM BT module. I know a lot of this stuff because i RetroFitted my RNS-E SatNav and OEM BT in my Audi A4. But i now have some questions regarding the OEM BT setup in my friends Seat Leon.
1. Is it possible on the Seat_UHV BT unit to select names/numbers with the steering wheel controls on a display (i.e. on the radiodisplay (#2 on Photo), or in the instument cluster (#1 on photo)? See photo for the fitted dash/display.
2. Is a bigger Instrument Cluster needed for name/number selection or is the bigger MFD only to show more BT icons like network coverage. Or is name/number selection not possible at all (with any Instrument Cluster)?
3. The dealer offered to install a Pioneer AVIC-9110BT with Steering Wheel control cable for € 500 extra instead of the Seat_UHV. Only thing with this is that the iPod/USB connections (#3 on photo) will not work anymore standard. I would have to rewire the usb connection to the back of the Pioneer HU. Do you think this is a good solution as it will not be OEM as the car was sold as.
Sorry it has become a bit of a long post but these were some questionsi could not really find a definative answer for in ths thread. At least thanks for taking the time to read.
Because i am under the 15 posts i cannot link pictures here. I have hosted the picture on my own site:
Please remove the space between the W WW
Has anyone had the proper kit retro-fitted by a dealer [including new instrument cluster and steering wheel controls] and if so at what cost?
Is it a facelift model, or pre facelift?
face lift i guess dan,
What he said...??
I have just purchased a dashboard, bluetooth module with antenna, and microfone, from a damaged car for a very good price.
Now i just need the wiring kit for my Seat Altea 2006, or some kind of diagram on what connections i should make. Anyone who can help ?
(This Stuart where can i contact him?)
very good thread thanks for your info....
I have two queries:
- does your phonebook show on red MFD?
- do phone buttons (dial/hang-up) work from the wheel?
on the other hand, since yours is a retrofit, perhaps both these are not available / applicable, but will appreciate any advise
Yes, it does,
and yes they do.
Hope this helps.
thanks chris. it does help to the extent that i still have hope.
perhaps if i tell the whole story, someone would be able to point me in the right directions, as i feel there is only one small bit i'm still missing to get things totally right.
pre-facelift leon, my07, can-bus version k. purchased and installed 1T0 035 680 C mfg date 01'2011 hw42. it came loaded with 2720 fw. straight swap, 6 buttons out of 8 worked out of the box, no clock shift, no power drain. bluetooth 5P0 862 335 B pairs, mutes sound, etc, but no phone book and wheel buttons don't work, only hang-up button works if the call is already in progress. moved the pins around to enable aux-in. flashed the 3790 fw got the clock shift. decided not worth it - flashed 2720 back, but did not fix the clock, however disconnecting the battery for 10 mins did the trick. (only being so thorough in the description as someone else might find it usefull, i know it is not directly relevant to my question). decided to give 3970 another try. got the clock shift again, but battery trick fixed it again.
in the end: have 1T0 035 680 C with 3970 fw (showing 1T0 035 680 D) on a 1K0 907 530 K gateway with 5P0 862 335 B bluetooth. no clock shift, no power drain, 6 out of 8 buttons work on MFSW.
need to have phone buttons working as with original radio plus the phonebok display.
will appreciate any advice.
have genuine VAG-COM, so can code myself.
thanks in advance.