GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

boditza

Mar 14, 2012
Craiova, Romania
Hi guys,
I recently retro-fitted a RNS510 on my car and i have some issues with it:
1. 2 buttons from the steering wheel don't work anymore but all the other buttons work perfect:

2. I have factory parking sensors but they are not displayed on the RNS. I coded the navi and the parking module correctly but i don't get the image on the display. The modules have these codes:
Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels: 1K0-919-475.clb
Part No SW: 1K0 919 475 A HW: 1K0 919 475 A
Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 1K0-907-530.lbl
Part No SW: 1K0 907 530 P HW: 1K0 907 951

Any ideeas?

ritch_b

Jul 27, 2012
Oop north
The up and down don't work on my Zenec either; just one of those things I think. The alternative version of the steering wheel with phone controls is supported by my head unit, but the version with the up and down isn't, so I'm not convinced you'll be able to do anything with those two buttons!

Support for the visual display is only on newer models. Again, my head unit supports it, but the CANBUS in the vehicle doesn't, so it won't work. I never pursued it any further; couldn't be bothered with it. Same with the visual display for climate control.

R.

archiere

Apr 22, 2015
Hi, hope you can help

I have installed an RNS 510 with version 5238 into my 2006 Leon. The RNS is a Skoda Columbus RNS 510.
It all worked fine until i tried to change the Boot Logo from a Skoda Logo. I used NETDATA to download the SWL. I used the SETUP + Mic + EJECT and it loaded after an initial ERROR i had to download again using a different burning program on a MACBOOK.
Unfortunately the image hasn't loaded and i now have no sound coming from the speakers although it shows the DAB radio working. Nothing has changed other than no Boot Logo and no sound.

Can any one help?

archiere

gsdude

May 5, 2015
Hi all, I've spent most of the morning reading through all of the posts this thread and there is certainly a load of useful info on here. I got the car only on Monday this week but I'm considering upgrading the basic radio/CD in my 2006 Leon FR.

I don't think I'll struggle physically installing a new unit but I just want an idea on what would be the most cost effective way of getting me both nav and Bluetooth (with calling and audio streaming). Preferably I'd like something that integrates with the small red MFD on my cluster too, so would it be an RNS 315 or 510 I'm looking for? Screen size doesn't bother me too much but I just want something that will be the least hassle getting it to work the way I'd like it to.

Any help is appreciated!

dods

May 11, 2013
Leeds
Hi all
So I fitted rns510 to my12 Leon everything works fine. So only two things
1. Can't find out what version it's running nothing comes up
2. Can't see nav to display on the large screen on dash

Any advice

dods

May 11, 2013
Leeds
Mine comes up N S SW etc on the mfd in the corner' when you travelling in a certain direction' my RNS 510 was all plug and play

Yes mines was too no issues at all however assumed like most cars when you've got a location in Nav and as you come up to turn it should up on the mfd screen ?? Makes it easier than looking down at the big screen

dods

May 11, 2013
Leeds
Hi all, I've spent most of the morning reading through all of the posts this thread and there is certainly a load of useful info on here. I got the car only on Monday this week but I'm considering upgrading the basic radio/CD in my 2006 Leon FR.

I don't think I'll struggle physically installing a new unit but I just want an idea on what would be the most cost effective way of getting me both nav and Bluetooth (with calling and audio streaming). Preferably I'd like something that integrates with the small red MFD on my cluster too, so would it be an RNS 315 or 510 I'm looking for? Screen size doesn't bother me too much but I just want something that will be the least hassle getting it to work the way I'd like it to.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi there a would invest in the rna510
1. You will need to make adjustment getting the unit in (not hard)
2. Not sure if your model has the battery drain issue look into it
3. You will need vcd (vag com) make slight changes if your old unit did have certain functions
As my car had previously with Bluetooth fitted I'm sure your Gona need some wiring involved to integrate this

Hope this helps

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
So if you buy a seat mfd2 you don't need to vag com it
cheers
just simply plug and play
cheers

Not quite, when I had my rns-510 fitted, I had to get use vag com to tell the car it had a media unit installed.
This ensured that the turn by turn guidance came up on the large MFD & all the buttons on the right hand of the steering wheel worked

Northy 8

Oct 14, 2014
notts
Cheers Andy that's what I thought
How easy is it to plug the vag com in and tell it what to do
I can borrow a lead but no idea how to use the software

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
If I was you, I'd look in the vagcom help section on here & ask someone local to give you a hand.
I did this as I don't have vagcom myself.

It seems pretty straight forward though, the software on the laptop seemed simple enough. Just a case of changing the settings, turning the car off & on so it resets and hey presto.

Northy 8

Oct 14, 2014
notts
So you simply plugged it in and the steering wheel buttons worked etc
I guess you still have to get a cd and airial for the maps etc
No need for vag com on these mfd3 units
thanks

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.