GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
So far when i fed the USB connections into the glovebox i pulled in the SatNav antenna and after keeping my eye on the signal levels its pretty much strong singal from in there so i plan on leaving it there for now.

leontsibob

Feb 6, 2014
Buckinghamshire
YAY, just installed my seat rns 315 dab sat nav, I purchased it of here, thanks kimimaru, really help full, I followed the guide bit the only problem I had was I couldn't get the instrument cluster out, I didn't have a long enough screw driver, so what I did was feed it through the back and down the cd compartment, under the steering column, through the fuse box and up the drivers A pillar, its a bit tricky but its done and looks OEM, v pleased, just need a mic and dab Ariel now

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Adam d you can change the start up logo to seat by pressing the lefthand button,general menue scroll to factory open it and put in the password 3368 open logo and change VW to Seat. Aggie

Adam D

Nov 11, 2014
Unfortunatley i cannot do this on mine, well i can. The boot up logo is the Seat one but when its just at the main menu where you select which function to use its a VW one. I cannot see anywhere to change this and talking to A-Sure through ebay they also tell me it cannot be changed. Maybe mine is on different software to yours?

Lectrician

Jan 12, 2010
Hi.

I see a few of the 510's on eBay, and would like to fit one in my soon to be purchased Altea. What concerns me is that the 510's on eBay at the moment are all from Lithuania, and I am worried the text and voice prompts for the SatNav will be foreign? Is this expected? Can it be altered on the units?

Thanks.

CupraEst

May 1, 2014
Tallinn, Estonia
I fit my GPS antenna under the dash right behind the HU and it worked like a charm. I am selling my RNS315 (media system 2.2) with the V6 maps, GPS antenna, factory mic and cabling so if anyone is interested send me a message (selling the car without the sat nav).

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Hi guys, just bought a used genuine seat sat nav rns 510 (removed from 08 plate fr) to go in my 57 plate (08 model according to vin) with Bluetooth and big mfd as standard. Will I have clock shift issues, battery drain, safe wire issues or lack of mfsw? Also will I need to code my can gateway for nav, and does my cluster need coding to display navigation info? Thanks :D

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Well, put it in my car, no issues, no coding required. Genuine seat items seem the way to go for me!

celtic1003

Mar 24, 2014
Hi just fitted a rsn510 into my leon fr 07 plate everything works apart from phone buttons on steering wheel and can't access phone on mfd any thought thanks kevin

j10gtr

Nov 20, 2015
I have an 09 fr Leon in looking at fitting the rns510. I have read about the clockshift issue. Can anyone tell me if I would suffer from this issue. I have factory hands free will this still work correctly ?
Apart from satnav unit, fascia surround and GPS antenna is there anything else I'll need to get ready for fitting.
Cheers
Paul

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members