GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

TravisFR

Apr 16, 2014
Lancaster, Lancashire
Leaving Home Lights
This feature turns on your lights when you unlock the car (if your headlight switch is on). I believe this option is standard if you have the auto lights option. This also adds an option in the MFD lights menu for how long it will stay on.

Module 09 - Cent. Elects.
Coding
Byte 0
Bit 5 - Assistance Driving Light_Leaving Home active

When I try to do this it says that the equipment number is invalid? Any ideas?

Bikerboysmiler

Dec 1, 2014
Folks. Can you adjust the bulb failure parameters or switch the function off? I've got high power LEDs but they trip the warning yet are working so I want to lower the setting to determine bulb failure.
Thanks

Tyler

CupraEst

May 1, 2014
Tallinn, Estonia
Retrofitted the RNS315 to my 2008 Cupra and cant get the steering wheel buttons to work. The problem is that I cant see anything in the VDCS in the Navigations long code helper. I see the bytes and bits but no names next to the checkboxes. Maybe somebody can help me and look up which byte/bit are the following choises - "Shortpress Steering wheel buttons installed" and "Communication Instrument Cluster ... via BAP"?

Russc

Oct 23, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Brilliant guide thanks for writing.

Hopefully someone can help a newbie in this field. What cable do i need to buy (original link isn`t working) and which software do i need to download from Ross-Tech.

Thanks for reading :)

johnkearns89

May 11, 2012
Brilliant stuff.
Can anyone tell me if the lite version will let me do coding like this? Turning on leaving home headlights etc?

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Can I turn traction control off as it gets a little annoying this time of year. I prefer to have control under my right foot.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Afternoon folks, searched and read many posts and can't find the one after, I'd like to adjust the auto lights on setting, blooming things are soooo sensitive, the lights come on if the sun hides behind a cloud(well almost), can this be set to be less picky?

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Anybody got a link for a cable that will work with a 2011 FR+? Can only find the 409 ones, which I'm sure won't work.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi all,

I have only recently been in contact with VCDS and I would like some insight from those who are more knowledgeable. I've got several questions, but I'll just go one at a time.

I've retrofitted an RNS310 which works perfectly.
Navigation works, steering wheel controls work and I've updated it's firmware also.

Recently, I ran an Auto-Scan on my car and I noticed two errors:

CAN Gateway - 01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded; and
Address 37: Navigation - Cannot be reached.

So, I went on to the Gateway and activated 37 - Navigation.
The change was accepted.

After this, I did another Auto-Scan but this time I had:

Address 25: Immobilizer Cannot be reached and I couldn't also access Centr. Elect. VCDS mentioned something about making sure the door were locked?

Afterwards, I reverted the change and unticked Navigation.
After this I could access Centr. Electr. and the Immobilizer was scaned without any problems.

Why was this?

PS: the driver's door was open during the scans.
I just noticed that I had all zeros @ the User Interface and Identification menu.
I think this could be problematic also with the 'equipment number invalid' error.

Do you think this could be a cause?

Thank you!

unerdanielson

Oct 27, 2009
Cable for Leon FR Pre-Facelift

Can somebody point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a cable for my 2008 Seat Leon FR Pre-Facelift. Had a look on eBay but keep seeing leads that aren't compatible with Leon 1P. I'm assuming that is my model?

Beltran

Sep 12, 2015
Very nice post!
I want to turn on the Seat Belt Warning haha
And also the numbers in the cluster when the cruise control is ON. Because I activated on the cluster with VCDS so I can watch the signal of cruise control.. but when I active it, km/hr is 0.
Sorry for my probably bad explanation in English.

Regards

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.