GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
right i can see what you can do with a mk2 but i have a mk1 seat leon fr 2006 1.9 tdi 150 and i would like to know if i could buy a cruise control stalk from seat and then make the feature active with this vag-com softwear ? i've heard you can but i don't want to get all of the stuff and find out that it was a waste of time and money. also if anyone knows of any other codes that work with a mk1 then could they post or mail me them.

many thanks
andi leon frtdi

StefanosCupra

I have a cupra MY07 and I was wondering if :
a) it is possible to adjust the brightness of the rear side lights
b) it is possible to leave the side lights permanently on and they close when I lock the car

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Can someone explain, in relatively simple terms, the "Steering Weight" changes that are possible using VAG COM please, as quoted in DAN GB's original post?

I have been enjoying my 57 Leon 2.0 TFSI FR DSG for a couple of months now, had only 500 miles on the clock when bought from stealer, but it seems very light on the steering, too much so for my liking.

Mind you my previous ride was an 03 MG 2.0 ZR which performed, and handled, like a sherman tank in comparision to my Leon :funk:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Follow the instructions at the top of the first post, then enter a desired value. Ive never tried it, so its trial and error mate.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Follow the instructions at the top of the first post, then enter a desired value. Ive never tried it, so its trial and error mate.

Thanks Dan, don't have VAG COM etc. but would just like to know from anyone what it actually does with a view to getting it changed somewhere if considered useful.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
You cant, unless you buy a aftermarket module, but heard mixed results with them fitted.

steve01

just found this on ebay would it work? VAG-COM-v704-1-USB-to-OBDII-Cable-for-Car-Diagnostics_

I know it says obdII but in the description it sya it is compatable with the 1p chassis.
Manufacturer Ref: DBD7A45C4A8A google this ref and let me know

Last edited by a moderator:

steve01

Thanks for the great guide. I have just recieved my cable and hooked it up now have a few more features activated lice total closure of windows, beep on lock and unlock and emergency break light

steve01

Just a quick question are you able to enter all the modules as some of the ones I click on come back with a "no responce from module control" message. Or some thing to that effect, for example module 35 is one I cannot enter

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
it depends on which modules are fitted to your car.

ie; you cant enter the reserving sensors module if you dont have reversing sensors!

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi Steve

I've been thinking about getting Vag Com so I tweak a few bits on my car. My girlfriend runs a Mk 4 Ibiza & both my parents have Skoda Fabia's (Elegance & Vrs).

Do you mind if I ask how much is costs to get the cable & software? Also, if I purchase this, will we be able to use on all 4 cars?

Any info would be appreciated

steve01

Well I got mine for £30 delivered as it is a 3rd party cable. I am using vag-com 704.1. Here is a list of compatible cars that is on the programme I have with their chassis type

1E,VW Golf Cabriolet
1F,VW Eos
1G,VW G/J Mk2
50,VW Corrado
1H,VW G/J/V Mk3
1J,VW G/J/B Mk4,
1C,VW Beetle
9C,VW NB Cabrio,
31,VW Passat
35,VW Passat
3B,VW Passat
3C,VW Passat
7L,VW Touareg
3D,VW Phaeton
70,VW Transporter
7D,VW Transp
7H,VW Transp
1T,VW Touran
2K,VW Caddy
5Z,VW Fox
6X,VW Lupo
6N,VW Polo
9K,VW Caddy
9N,VW Polo
7M,VW Sharan
44,Audi 100/200/V8
4A,Audi 100/A6
8C,Audi 80
8Z,Audi A2,
8L,Audi A3/S3,
8P,Audi A3,
8D,Audi A4
8E,Audi A4
4B,Audi A6
4F,Audi A6
4D,Audi A8
4E,Audi A8
4L,Audi Q7
8N,Audi TT
8J,Audi TT
8G,Audi Cabriolet
8H,Audi Cabriolet
42,Audi R8
1L,Seat Toledo
1M,Seat Leon/Toledo
1P,Seat Leon,,
5P,Seat Altea/Toledo
6H,Seat Arosa,
6K,Seat Ibiza/Cordoba,
6L,Seat Ibiza/Cordoba
7M,Seat Alhambra
1U,Skoda Octavia,
1Z,Skoda Octavia II,
3U,Skoda Superb,
5J,Skoda Fabia,
5J,Skoda Roomster,
6U,Skoda Felicia,
6Y,Skoda Fabia

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi

Thanks for coming back to me.

So it was £30 for the cable. How much did the actual software cost?
Would I then just need to buy cable & download software before plugging into the car & probably ruining the settings or do I need anything else?

Sorry, I'm new to this side of things!

Cheers

steve01

The software comes on a disc with the cable or you can just go to the ross-tech website and download the version you need because until you run the first test with the cable the software is just a shareware version, it the cable that activates the software. It was £30 for cable and software disc delivered and it took about 7 days for delivery

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Excellent!
What car do you have? I'm running 06 2.0 Tdi Sport (Stylance with sports pack). Just want to confirm can get the right cable.
Checked on ebay & some other places but seem to be loads of options.
If you could let me know what to search for would be grateful.
Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise