Guide to Fitting Lowering Springs

Spawney

May 25, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Just had a look and it looks like you have to remove the scuttle panel and wiper arms etc. Is this really the case? :(

If so is the scuttle easy to remove?

Last edited:

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
no you dont need to fully remove it. just lift the front to get to the top mounts. thats the easy bit :)

May 31, 2011
Essex
i did a very quick write up for a mate recently if you send me emails i can message it over.

im taking my coilovers off tomo so i can get some pics to add aswell to help and all the sizes of tools you will need.

backtozak

That would be great buddy, I did my 2003 Skoda Fabia so think it would be similar. But read something about a bit of trouble on the front springs.

Shall I pm you my email address? and how come you're taking them off out of curiosity?

backtozak

Ahh nice, just been looking through your build thread, love your car. Do you still have the springs? or what would you want for the coilovers? Thanks

backtozak

Also, I'm not sure if I can PM as im a new member. Or I may just be being a bit slow.

May 31, 2011
Essex
car looked great still had few things i ideally wanted to do to get it perfect but i was shocked at the price on insurance on the leon (really low) and got good deal at the bank which means i pay about 10 more a month for loan to get leon than the car finance on the ibiza so happy days all round.

and the springs i sold to a mate i still have the coilovers been on car about a month if that and with the shorter drop links i would be after £140 for them

backtozak

That sounds like an offer you can't refuse!

Will do some more research and get back to you about the coilies ;)

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
How do you remove the scuttle panel? Is it accessed through the arch liner?

Thanks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise