Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by AndrewJB, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook and karma is restored...

I just got my Cupra R and it's on the below yours the same?[​IMG]

2. Jamie_T_APLBMX

Jamie_T_APLBMX Full Member

I think so. I can’t remember how to check. My R is on a 60 plate so I imagine the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jimbobcook

Yep 60 plate here as well... Seems we are in the same boat. I'll do some searching elsewhere see what I can find.

Cheers

4. Jimbobcook

This is all I can find...

Still no definitive answer...

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Jimbobcook

I got a cd burnt like in the guide above but I get this screen for the update

Anyone know if this is OK?

[​IMG]

Any help would be great

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
    Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

6. Marky N

Marky N Full Member

I have taken the leap and dumped my built in sat nav. So far so good with a new 9 inch screen android that has the Can bus functionality. None of this madness where it does not accept post codes. To think I paid the stealer dealer £150 for an updated map thinking i would get post code functionality. what a waste. Could of purchased a new android unit for that. Looks and works well. I have a loose connection at the back so the sound quality is not great at the mo but i will sort. Just the cables from the speaker in the quadlock not in right. Aside from that it is the business. Google maps on board and the gps software it came with. most steering wheel functions are still there. Looks impressive even if i do say so.

7. Jimbobcook

May I ask what you went for maybe a link?

I still have my RNS310 lol

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently Driving - SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R 2010
    Previous Car - SEAT Leon Mk2 FR 2007

8. Marky N

Marky N Full Member

.I went for a non branded Android 7 9 inch by erisincaraudio
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/132492992228
    There are two Fakra leads. Both female. One does GPS. The other does dab. You can by adaptor extensions from Amazon for about£8. Because any new satnav will have the more modern gold screw on connector. I think they are called sma. Anyway here is a link Pack of 2 GPS Antenna Cable 15CM Fakra C Male to SMA Male for aftermarket radio Factory GPS Auto Car DVR Modul Tracking GPS Navigation GPS Receivers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F57QX12?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    I made the mistake of ordering DAB AERIAL when I could just use an adaptor to the existing dab connection. Much much better GPS. It comes with IGo GPS which I don't really like. Google maps really comes into its own on this set 'cause you get live updates and so you are guided through the quickest routes. Not to mention finally ridding yourself of the horrible non postcode lookup system; whose bright idea was that?