H beam vs I beam forged rods

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
After some perusing of the web and still looking into stroker kits i have come a kit across that offer a forged I beam rod with the kit
It seems to point in the direction that I beam rods are better if using a stroker kit due to the increased room and less clearancing needed but is this at a cost
I thought that the H beam rods were stronger than the I beam but this seems to be a topic of debate amongst tuners
Can anyone shed some light on this?
I have had a price from a forum sponsor for a stoker kit and the rod manufacturer they are using supplies the 144x20 rods in I beam and H beam, but which would be best??
Any input anyone would like to put forward

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Alot of discussions out there as to which is better, most people seem to go for H-beam these days. H-beams are supposed to be better for higher revving and torque and I-beam for high compression and nitrous use. As long as it's a good quality rod with ARP bolts then you won't go wrong, but most 1.8T stroker kits I've seen all have H-beam rods - 034, INA, JBS, TSR, IE, etc.

042.jpg

Just going by what I've read after searching google.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Cheers Rob, the kit is from INA but i noticed that the rods manufacturer does both and wondered if there was any benefit to choosing either
Just thought whilst doing the bottom end i may as well do it properly

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise