had boc 2 days already needs new DSG!!

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
:( as the title says bad news after 2 days, i was driving along earlier nice n steady, then engine management light came on, and a flashing spanner, next minute car would only select gear 1,3 and 5 :confused: nd started running like crap, so managed get it back to the dealer where i bought it from, after an hour nd half they come out to me and tell me there going need keep my car over night and maybe for a few days :( the gear box has a big problem with it and they arnt sure whats wrong, so they are ringing seat tomorrow and trying get a new gear box, i cant believe this has happened to a brand new car and only had it 2 days [:@] anybody else heard of anything like this ??

Last edited:
May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
im absolutly gutted :( paid all that money for a decent car and this happens, i dont even no how long seat are going to keep my boc in for :( i thought these DSG gearboxs were bulletproof .. obv not. they offered me a courtesy car but i refused it as ill use my work van untill its fixed, anybody know how long itll take to swap the DSG gearbox ??

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
If they just are just going to swap it with another one, it should be done in a day.
If they are goint to try and figure out what is wrong and how to fix it, it might take 5 years.

yea_good_1

LOVIN THE BOC
Sep 24, 2010
Another broken boc takes the piss can't believe the issues with these cars how many miles has the car done what year is it?

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
i hope they sort it quick as possible, i feel like ringing and complaining but i dont no who call or what to do now, just sit and wait for a car i paid so much for to be repaired after 2 days of it leaving the showroom :( gutted

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
I have no idea how SEAT made such a dogs dinner of these cars.

Jimmy, was your cupra brand new? Probably a week or so till they get a replacement 'box in and swap them.

Really sorry to hear this. Poor show by Seat.

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
Sorry to hear this, I would be so pissed if I was in your position after spending all that money on a lovely new car. Is the DSG in the Seat the same one thats in the new Fabia VRS?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
im absolutly gutted :( paid all that money for a decent car and this happens, i dont even no how long seat are going to keep my boc in for :( i thought these DSG gearboxs were bulletproof .. obv not. ??

where on earth did you get that impression? really sorry to hear of this though, bet your frustrated :(

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
yes the car is brand new only got 140 miles on it at the minute, i am going ring tomorrow and really tell them how i feel, that i think for a car that is so expensive its a complete joke! im left without a car, and out of pocket because i have paid for a duff car! and now ive lost every bit of faith in the car so im going be driving it worrying when its going happen again :( i want to complain but really dont no how id gon about doing it and what id get out of doing it ? just got sit here and wait for them keep looking at my car and scratching there heads

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
where on earth did you get that impression? really sorry to hear of this though, bet your frustrated :(

:( frustrated isnt the word, im P***** Off and im not normally an angry person! ive been searching the internet to find loads of these gearboxes have failed and seat dont seem to be doing anything about it :confused: the only good thing i can think of is its happened whilst in the warranty years and not when its going cost me 5K get it sorted, the love for my boc is slowly fading already :( :( :( gutted!

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
How were you driving for the first 140 miles? Generally you're meant to drive with very low revs for the first 500-100 miles, with no rapid acceleration, in order to break the car in.

driving nice and steady like i always do, i arnt a fast driver anyway, had a bad acccident 3 years ago and that put me off going fast :/

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
I know it might seem hard Jimmy but keep your chin up hopefully its just been your 'bad' luck and you'll get it back in no time and all will be sorted!

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
How were you driving for the first 140 miles? Generally you're meant to drive with very low revs for the first 500-100 miles, with no rapid acceleration, in order to break the car in.

if only you knew how new cars got driven on pdi :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.