had boc 2 days already needs new DSG!!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
already done that mate, filled out a form to say they are swapping my car and giving me a new 1 :) seat are ringing around different seat dealers now trying sort me a new boc out :) but they will need 2 weeks too find 1 and get it transported to my dealers, so just goin wait now and not worry :)

All good then - happy days

rji

Dec 18, 2010
Great news mate, it looks like it's all going to work out ok (again).

i had a bloke from seat uk the managing director and he has sorted it all for me

I assume that was Mr Wyhinny. He won't even reply to our recorded delivery letters! We are still waiting for a reply from the "Customer Relations Manager for the Executive Office" (i.e. one of the escalation managers in the call centre) but we haven't received it yet. Plus a boat load of other documentation we have requested.

A courtesy car while you wait would be nice though ;) .

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Great news mate, it looks like it's all going to work out ok (again).

I assume that was Mr Wyhinny. He won't even reply to our recorded delivery letters! We are still waiting for a reply from the "Customer Relations Manager for the Executive Office" (i.e. one of the escalation managers in the call centre) but we haven't received it yet. Plus a boat load of other documentation we have requested.

A courtesy car while you wait would be nice though ;) .

whats your gripe with SEAT mate?

May 6, 2011
stoke on trent
no mate his name wasnt mr wyhinny? some other director that works with seat spain and seat uk, in customer care, but im ok now ive got it in writing :) just looking forward to getting my new New boc :p

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Any news on this yet Jimmy? The two weeks are up and you should have your new replacement car by now if SEAT are true to their word.

Sam_Bocanegra

DSG problems

Im having problems with my DSG on my Boc as well. Bad rattle when I go over bumps. SEAT in Spain and UK have been involved. They have described the noise as NORMAL which I find amazing that metal crashing against metal can be described in this way. I have spoken to a journalist from Autoexpress who is doing some investigating with a view to doing an article on it. Would anybody else like to give me there e-mail address so I can forward them onto him so he can see exactly how big the DSG problem is?

SEAT are also putting it in writing to me stating that the way my gearbox is functioning is perfectly normal

I pointed out all the problems that people are having with the DSG box and firstly they denied any problems and secondly they wouldnt consider what I was saying as websites like these arent officially part of the VW group. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!

[:@]

Sam_Bocanegra

Im having problems with my DSG on my Boc as well. Bad rattle when I go over bumps. SEAT in Spain and UK have been involved. They have described the noise as NORMAL which I find amazing that metal crashing against metal can be described in this way. I have spoken to a journalist from Autoexpress who is doing some investigating with a view to doing an article on it. Would anybody else like to give me there e-mail address so I can forward them onto him so he can see exactly how big the DSG problem is?

SEAT are also putting it in writing to me stating that the way my gearbox is functioning is perfectly normal

I pointed out all the problems that people are having with the DSG box and firstly they denied any problems and secondly they wouldnt consider what I was saying as websites like these arent officially part of the VW group. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2010

Posted you my email on your profile

Aug 25, 2010
My dealers just turned into a joke I thought they were pretty good Jesus. Told them that the water pump was squeaking and needed replacing. Instead of doing what I've asked them to do they have made a report and sent it off to seat uk. Now I've got to wait till they discover what it up with it even though I told them exactly [:@]

Sam_Bocanegra

They have sent reports away to SEAT about mine that took at least a week to come back and as always things are described as normal and im pretty much told "tuff, get on with it"

Iv pointed out to them "its funny when I was interested in purcashing it you pointed out all the key features of the model but nowhere did anybody mention a 7 Speed RATTLING DSG box"

One answer I got from the Service Manager who had been out in the car with me and confirmed everything I was experiencing was "What do you want us to do about it we are only a small family firm"

Yep small family firm thats happy to take money off people selling SEAT's but not interested when they go wrong

I asked "do you tell people about all the potential probelms with the DSG prior to sale?" "No you just take their money and run"

We have 2 Ibiza's at the moment and this is our 3rd SEAT in total I would never buy another product by the VW Group ever again after all this

rji

Dec 18, 2010
Would anybody else like to give me there e-mail address so I can forward them onto him so he can see exactly how big the DSG problem is?

I suggest you start a new thread with title that makes it obvious that you want members to respond. Members will have to read posts #230 or #231 of this thread to find your request for email contacts. It's better to have it in post #1.
(p.s. No DSG problems, mine is a manual)

Sam_Bocanegra

I suggest you start a new thread with title that makes it obvious that you want members to respond. Members will have to read posts #230 or #231 of this thread to find your request for email contacts. It's better to have it in post #1.
(p.s. No DSG problems, mine is a manual)

Just done that now

Thanks mate

rji

Dec 18, 2010
Would anybody else like to give me there e-mail address so I can forward them onto him so he can see exactly how big the DSG problem is?

Your Private Messages are not enabled. Is that because you are a Newbie? People may prefer to send a private message instead of "publishing" their email address onto your profile - just a thought.

Sam_Bocanegra

Your Private Messages are not enabled. Is that because you are a Newbie? People may prefer to send a private message instead of "publishing" their email address onto your profile - just a thought.

Yep newbie

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.