Had ceramic coating done yesterday (pics)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
W7s2iag.jpg

uQGyuFz.jpg

YhujyBd.jpg

owN01es.jpg

G4PMDoH.jpg

GBcb2PP.jpg

VbxDYVP.jpg

OK so it was £400 which took me a long time to convince myself to go ahead with it. I have got to say it is absolutely amazing. They have got the swirls out of everything, including the small black panels between doors and at the back of the windows. The car looks 10 x better than when I collected it from Seat with 6 miles on the clock. Would recommend this to anybody. The water and dirt beads off the car and leaves literally no water marks. I used to get her washed every week and then come back and polish and dry up all the water marks for an hour.... won't be doing that any more. So chuffed with it

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
W7s2iag.jpg

uQGyuFz.jpg

YhujyBd.jpg

owN01es.jpg

G4PMDoH.jpg

GBcb2PP.jpg

VbxDYVP.jpg

OK so it was £400 which took me a long time to convince myself to go ahead with it. I have got to say it is absolutely amazing. They have got the swirls out of everything, including the small black panels between doors and at the back of the windows. The car looks 10 x better than when I collected it from Seat with 6 miles on the clock. Would recommend this to anybody. The water and dirt beads off the car and leaves literally no water marks. I used to get her washed every week and then come back and polish and dry up all the water marks for an hour.... won't be doing that any more. So chuffed with it
Was the work on the vehicle carried out with the vehicle parked outside??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bgb

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
Awesome colour, ceramic coating is well worth the money, my wife had her black Leon coated it was so easy to wash after. Enjoy the car

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Was the work on the vehicle carried out with the vehicle parked outside??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

yes it was, luckily it was a completely dry day. The fella did my mates golf R the day before and it started to rain half way through and they had to abandon it!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
That was my understanding indoors in as clean an environment as possible not outside with dust and debris floating about in the air. Same goes for the paint correction.
I am interested in getting this done and they cover my area, has anyone else got any recommendations or places to get a quote from?

Is there better or worse options

Is this a fair price for professional installation

Is it worth it BIM I will keep car and don’t wash cars that often

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
I am interested in getting this done and they cover my area, has anyone else got any recommendations or places to get a quote from?

Is there better or worse options

Is this a fair price for professional installation

Is it worth it BIM I will keep car and don’t wash cars that often
I think it's worth it, my wife paid 200 for full decontamination, machine polish to remove any swirl marks and ceramic coating. It was a work colleague who was into car detailing though that's why it was so cheap.
It was so easy to clean and dry after and stayed cleaner for longer. Not sure if it was the ceramic coating or not but after 2 years and 20k miles the car had zero stone chips.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
It’s a great price - think of all the prep and then the coating itself. some detailers charge £400 for a paint correction and basic wax. Wanting to get mine done as my wheels especially are in a sorry state from the previous wash methods... god knows what they used on them.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
It’s a great price - think of all the prep and then the coating itself. some detailers charge £400 for a paint correction and basic wax. Wanting to get mine done as my wheels especially are in a sorry state from the previous wash methods... god knows what they used on them.
£400 I could live with but I think the quote for outside wheels glass and interior will be nearly £7-800 which most likely is out of my price range and justification

The above was mates rates I’m told

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
£400 I could live with but I think the quote for outside wheels glass and interior will be nearly £7-800 which most likely is out of my price range and justification

The above was mates rates I’m told
Ah yes definitely that’s a whole different story.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
looks shiney but should ceramic coatings not be carried out under cover in a dust-ish free zone?
In an ideal world yes, But then you’re probably looking at much higher prices than a mobile detailer and judging by these pictures the results are great. They would of done an IPA wipe down prior to each panel being coated so the actual surface dust etc before the coating in each panel would of been very very minimal.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mine's got the Gtechniq ceramic coating on it, ceramic is there to "protect" its not there to cause beading, Gtechniq put another product over the top that causes beading for about 6-8 months.

Es8b5sh.jpg

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Just looked into getting my 19 290 ceramic coated, been quoted £500 for stage 1 paint correction, full exterior detail & protection and also an interior detail, just need to find a good time to let them do it as he needs the car for 5days

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.