Had ceramic coating done yesterday (pics)

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Yeah but I think it depends on their location and also traffic, what the problem was, and if they decided they want to take it for a longer drive as it’s a Cupra ;) my brother works near a dual carriageway and the only way he can road test cars is to take them down the dual then back up at the next roundabout; which takes more than 15 mins. What WOULD happen?

I dont think it cuts the car out, i think it just rearms the Ghost so once you switch ignition off, it wont start back up again until you enter your pin, where as service mode you can start the car as many times as you want without the pin until you go over that 32mph or 15mins threshold, hope that makes sense :)

Reactions: LR231998

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
In this instance, you could set your code to something simple, tell the dealer, then change it back again when you get the car back. changing your code is very simple and takes seconds. In most cases if your ghost decides to re-arm, after things like a longer test drive than usual, the technician will realize an aftermarket immobilizer has kicked in and call the customer. I had a land rover with the dealer for weeks who had to call the customer and ask for the code. either way you can always change your code when you get the car back if you like.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
You do certainly sell it and I do want it,I do have in the back of my mind the comments about then coming into my house tho but I know the chances are minimal and I have cameras and an alarm.

I like the look of the Ghost app that allows for encrypted iPhone code so it works like keyless but I want to know how far the radius is as if it’s like keyless and my phone is on my bedside table at front of house,would it allow the car to be started or would you have to actually be in the car ?

Do you you use it ?

No I don't, and for the reason you mentioned. Different phone handsets have different ranges so I just don't risk it as my bedroom overlooks my driveway. I inform the client of the app, but personally I don't use it for that reason, and also the fact that if someone else has your phone, they don't need your pin, which kind of defeats the point.

Reactions: Betts-4
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.