had my pd150 remapped...

reefer24131

Jun 9, 2013
kent
i recently had my car remapped and what a difference...

before the remap i decatted it and blanked off my egr. when the remap was done i had the egr mapped out so no eml for me!

i had a choice between a standard map or aggressive, i chose standard but after driving around for a few days i wish i chose agressive!! lol but i suppose you will always want more power ..

however my clutch slips now and again so im going to put a new LUK clutch and dmf in over the next few weeks and hopefully in a few months im going to go down the route of hybrid turbo...

BenG

Ben
Oct 26, 2011
Cove Bay, Aberdeen
The original clutch in my PD150 slipped when I had it conservatively remapped (175hp / 300lb ft) but I had a new standard clutch fitted and so far have done about 8k on it with no slippage.

Several mapping companies I contacted suggested 300lb ft is about the limit for a standard clutch.

If you're going for a hybrid turbo and much over 300lb ft though I'd have thought you'd need an uprated clutch and flywheel...

Apparently it's better having the extra torque kick in at higher revs (above 2000rpm) if you are keeping the DMF as well.

reefer24131

Jun 9, 2013
kent
Yeah im not going uprated clutch as my mrs has to drive the car and got told it nakes the pedal stiffer, from my research a standard luk clutch and dmf should last aprox 40k with a remap.

My power peaks around 2600rpm and stays strong untill about 4100rpm