Halfords Alloy Wheel Repair Kit???

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
I have a few minor scatches on a couple of my wheels. Not worth a full re-furbish.

Has anyone tried the Halfords (or any other make) of alloy wheel repair kit??? Any good???

I noticed on the packed that you have to re-spray all the wheels, to match the colour I guess. Will this do more harm than good???

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
i tried this kit on my old wheels ona previous car and have to say it was shite.different colour to theoriginal wheels to start with and couldnt see how i could do a good job from it so gave up

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
I was thinking this may be the case.

What about other kits??? I have seen more professional ones for £80 which match the colour of the originals???

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
dont know about them but all i can say is steer clear of the halfords kit

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
I've just had Chips-Away out and he has quoted £100 for two wheels.
Also will will rub out a few minor scratches and paint a few bonnet chips for free. Not bad.

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
sounds good at least with them you got some come back if your not happy with the finish result

Cupra_Mark

Jun 15, 2006
South Wales
storeyd said:
I've just had Chips-Away out and he has quoted £100 for two wheels.
Also will will rub out a few minor scratches and paint a few bonnet chips for free. Not bad.

ChipsAway really messed up my bumper, awful spray job done, then a respray, which was even worse. They paid me £220 in compensation in the end - and I took it to a body shop for spray, which was then perfect!