Hammerite Red Smooth on Brembos (PICS NOW INCLUDED)

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Got my car booked in for some touch up bodywork later this month and have asked them to sort my calipers out as the front ones are badly discoloured now, they are a lightish pinky white, and the rears ones paint has come off and you can see the grey metal in places.

The guy reckons you cant get a glossy red for the calipers and if he does them they will come out the same colour as the rear ones.

Anyways having read a few reviews etc online on what to use, someone suggested Hammerite Red Smooth.

Has anyone used Hammerite, is it heat resistent and does it come up with a gloss finish?

Last edited:

Deleted member 55317

Halfrauds bright red paint did mine 2 weeks ago as the mechanic that fitted them chipped the paint to FEK and they look really good :) and i aint no artist lol!!

Obviously the heat resistant paint lol

Last edited by a moderator:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Mine are done with smooth Red Hammerite

untitled-45-2.jpg

untitled-47-1.jpg

untitled-46-1.jpg

untitled-48-1.jpg

untitled-49-1.jpg

Henjo24

When I first bought my LCR the calipers were faded, but I didnt bother buying fresh paint I just gave them a really good clean with WD40 and they came out a bright red again. I make sure I clean my Brembo's everytime I clean my wheels so they stay in good condition. Also if you spray tyre black on them it will give them a really good shine for weeks..

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
Sounds good that paint, do they do it in yellow? Was the paint applied with a brush? Age old question to the Op: what about the brembo logos? How did you manage to re-use them? Cheers 20vroper

Deleted member 12147

Hammerite is fine to use I'd recommend spraying them rather than painting it on with a brush, you'll get a better finish. The only thing with hammerite spray is that it's very thin and you have to apply lots of thin coats to build it up to a good finish.

I've done 2 sets of brembos now with hammerite and it's fine. Although it is not an exact match for the original colour. A couple of mine.

a62b7c69.jpg

3a38cca0.jpg

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
Great info thanks, I see there you've got a couple of stickers too, it's the old question of where did you get those from?! Calipers look really good too, cheers harry.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.