Handbrake Handle

ibiza12v

Hi all,

I fancy the idea of a MOMO aluminium handbrake handle for my MK4. Any ideas on how one would go about removing the old handle and gaitor? Don't really want to get hacksaw out if I don't have to :p I've noticed on seatfrance.com that they include a handbrake handle as part of their accessories brochure, so I'm figuring there must be a way somehow! :idea:

Any help much appreciated - cheers!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
anyone know how to remove the handbrake gaitor from the 2002 model, its not got the little button press under the handbrake and i have tried pulling on it but there is no ways its coming off that way!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Should be the same on all models should it not? You pick off the rubber on the cover that is stuck on at the bottom end of the handbrake, roll it up a bit to access the clip, then get a flat blade screwdriver and prise the clip open. Then once that's done, you simply slide it off.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Nice one. It's not the easiest bit to see, with it being tucked away underneath like that. I had to try and use a torch in one hand to see it and a screwdriver in the other to remove it!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
just need the cupra cover and gear gaitor now, maybe next thurday wen i get paid, altho i need the part number for the 5 speed cupra gaitor cause i believe the knob come with it?

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
If the gaitor material comes seperate I'd want one, definatly the finishing touch to all my red stitching!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
As far as I know you can only get the gaitor and knob together. The way it's done, it would be difficult to seperate them without damaging the stitching if you did buy them together but wanted them seperate. Here's mine:

DSC00252.jpg

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
No idea mate. Nobody seems to know on here! You could always use the 6 speed one......

There are a few people on here who do the opposite, they use the 5 speed SEAT Sport knob but have a 6 speed car. It's just a sticker after all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise