Handling upgrades advice/dilemma

Shayz

May 31, 2012
Kind of made my mind up

If you wouldn't mind pm img me your best prices on.....

Bilstein b4 sport damper kit

Hr front and rear arbs. 26mm front to 22mm rear

Power flex lift kit

Power flex Engine mount and a Dog mount

Thanks

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Damian just a quick one, got ap Coilovers from yourself and I don't know if it's because I'm getting old but I no longer like them. I have some custom lowering springs around -40mm and was thinking of matching them up with some b8 shocks, in your experience would this improve the ride over the aps? To many pot holes to be running Coilovers lol

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
That won't be helping with the comfort then.

Maybe worth while raising them up but if not yes the springs and shocks option would increase comfort over what you have now.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Shayz

May 31, 2012
Still been researching damper reviews. Was considering b4 sports but someone who has purchased b4.s advised me me the oems are good enough and not much difference between them (Sachs)

My dampers on the rear have started to leak oil and with mot due next month need to get them replaced. Have lasted me 110k miles.

I've started to look at either putting on new oem Sachs rears at a cost of £90 in parts which allow me to put on a rear white line anti roll bar and a ALK and tripple r splitter and at a push maybe some spacers front and rear

Or

I bite the bullet and put on some Bilstein b8's sprint dampers all round at a cost of £380 in parts (already got 40mm hr Springs) and the ALK or spliitter.

I've read a few reviews by experienced members on here regarding arbs and alk's and some people say do them but others say waste of money
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380817&highlight=Lift+kit
Al States to do dampers but none of the others

What are your views on alk's and rarb's???

I got about £500-600 to play with

Shayz

May 31, 2012
The standard dampers are a pretty good set up with hr springs
Drove to ashford/Kent today 120miles each way on motorway and a and B roads and I found it quite comfortable , bit bouncy here and there soaking up The road but not sure how updated dampers would
Compare

Anyone want to Share there set ups? And why they chose it

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I have Bilstein B12 Sportline (B8 shocks + Eibach Sportline springs) on mine, along with Neuspeed front & rear ARB and WALK. I've had the car since new (2008) and ran stock shocks with all the other mods to 85k. The B12 made the car much less crashy, and very smooth. Much more control over harsh road surfaces, the stock setup used to bottom out and catch the (8J) wheels I have on occasionally - never happens on the B8s. The car handles very well, and is not too low for ramps/speed bumps etc which was important for me. Can't recommend the B12 highly enough.

One note, change the springs when you do the shocks - they're not much more and, quite frankly, it makes sense to get new together.

Shayz

May 31, 2012
Just fitted b8 bilstein dampers all round
Car defo is a lot more stable with no creaks
And not crashy, cruises along rough roads soaking up bumps and uneven road surfaces

My only complaint is that it now sits slightly higher by about 1cm I think compared to stick set up but of course it still needs time to settle
Anyone know how long it takes to settle any lower?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.