Happnin folk

Apr 18, 2019
Hows it going guys? Iv currently got a fr170 upgrading to cupra290 next week. Is there anything i need to have a look at when i go see the car on sunday?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
So at that age I'd probably check the servicing, and ensure that the diff and DSG (if it's DSG) have been serviced too. If not, I'd try and push them to be serviced as part of the deal.
Give the tyres a check, see what they are (hopefully they're half decent and the car hasn't been run on a tight budget).
Maybe also check if it's had a replacement water pump. It may not have, but they are common faults and not cheap to replace :(

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the site, As @paddy6789 said make sure all the big service jobs have been done and that oil changes every 10k.

If the car has the White edging on the seats check it out as there are a number of people who have had cracking of the plastic and its not cheap.

Have a look at the wheels, if you have the diamond cut ones check to see they are in good nick as you are limited to the number of times you can get them refurbed (3 from memory) and as with any new car check all the toys work (Sat Nav as well) as they will not be cheap to replace.

Take it for a good drive and make sure it handles as you want and not nasty noises.

Reactions: paddy6789
Apr 18, 2019
So at that age I'd probably check the servicing, and ensure that the diff and DSG (if it's DSG) have been serviced too. If not, I'd try and push them to be serviced as part of the deal.
Give the tyres a check, see what they are (hopefully they're half decent and the car hasn't been run on a tight budget).
Maybe also check if it's had a replacement water pump. It may not have, but they are common faults and not cheap to replace :(

Thanks for the info paddy appreciate it i had it out a test drive today. It has FSH its not dsg the gearbox and clutch are smooth enough for age and mileage. Im one of the lucky folk out there who has a relative that owns a garage so getting work done isnt an issue and only paying for parts is another bonus. Il post some pics when i pick it up on friday. Thanks again for the info paddy