Has anyone else been spammed?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Sorry mods, don't know if this is the right place to post this...

I've just logged into my Yahoo mail account and found a whole load of rubbish in my "bulk" folder.

In amongst these messages was one from hostmaster@ seatcupra.net, subject "your password" with an attachment called reg_pass.zip

There was another one from webmaster@ westec.uk, subject "Registration Confirmation" with an attachment called reg_pass_data.zip

I have not opened these attachments as I don't think the mail is genuine - for a start I already know my SCN password & I have not registered with Westec.

Anyone else been spammed???

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
ive had a lot coming through my btinternet (yahoo) account last week or so

full of viri

unknown as to where its coming from though

flashbsd

run the full header on it, and see which ip is sending it off, then report it :)

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
Check your anti virus is bang up to date, but sounds like either one has got through sniffing through your email on PC, or your mailbox on yahoo's system?

We are currently getting hammered at work with viruses, at last count 3k virus email attacks per hour! All getting blocked, but it's causing major delays with external email in and out, but this isn't Yahoo -sorry off slightly off topic!

Goot :)

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
ive had loads of these over the last week or so going to my hotmail and work email ..... they all contain viruses so be careful ! not sure where there coming from but I know quite a few people who are recieving them ... someone or something is getting into peoples address books :no:

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I've got a BT Yahoo account also and have loads of junk in the bulk folder too.

But..... I thought the point of the 'bulk' folder was to filter the spam out of your mails though?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It'll *probably* be from someone on SCN who's got the kinda worm that sends as if from the domains in it's inbox.

If someone can pull the Senders IP from it i'll check it against the server logs & x.ref it to the usernames

worked before :) user was too stupid to understand tho

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
rhumber said:
I've got a BT Yahoo account also and have loads of junk in the bulk folder too.

But..... I thought the point of the 'bulk' folder was to filter the spam out of your mails though?
Yea I have had all these as well the best one was from the C.I.A. they recon i was on 200 dodgy sites trawling for **** :whistle:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
same spamming sh*te here...

Also getting lots of emails supposedly from Ebay and Paypal recently saying account has been suspended - look really like the real thing but all links point to a different location :S

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
m0rk said:
It'll *probably* be from someone on SCN who's got the kinda worm that sends as if from the domains in it's inbox.

If someone can pull the Senders IP from it i'll check it against the server logs & x.ref it to the usernames

worked before :) user was too stupid to understand tho
I wasn't getting any spam until this thread started, but here's what I've got from the headers now.

Name: host86-142-138-201.range86-142.btcentralplus.com
Address: 86.142.138.201

The emails are laden with the win32/sober virus incase anyone is stupid enough to open the attachments.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i'm getting spammed to death by yanks offering me loans/phones etc.about 20 a day.
fecking me orf big style.

LCR mat

LCR Eater
Apr 4, 2004
merthyr Tydfil
Ive recently had my hotmail password changed happened to a mate to- no emails sent between us though. its possible a few ppl knew his but noone other than myself knew mine- it was a 17 letter/number combination so pretty hard to guess too.

Seat_Lass

Jul 19, 2005
Lincolnshire
I had a load come through my Bt (yahoo) account too from this site and a few others.

I get the same junk too. Even increasing the size of my penis, but last time I looked I didnt have one ;)

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
jason said:
i'm getting spammed to death by yanks offering me loans/phones etc.about 20 a day.
fecking me orf big style.
Wonder if you tried to take these people up on their offer what would happen?

Would they really come over to the UK for you to sign an paper work? :w4nk:ers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members