Has anyone got the SEAT space saver spare wheel kit?

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Just to add in regarding spares that come with different bolts... my old Alfa (145 GTA) had a space saver spare and a second set of bolts, because the offset on the alloys was such that if you tried to use those with the space saver, they would protrude through the hub and contact the disc.... (it also had a foible that if you had a front puncture you had to take the back tyre off, put the space saver on that, then jack the front up to put the back wheel on the front, all due to the larger F40 brembo calipers on the front discs... not fun in the rain on the M25)

Deleted member 103408

Just checked

On my 2014 280 the spare wheel has no other bolts and the user manual does not mention any different bolts.

As far as I am aware you just take off your old wheel and put the spare on with the same nuts (but happy to be proved wrong).

With regards to putting spare on the rear and good wheel on the front, the manual does mention this but only when using snow chains.

I am having a big break kit fitted so you have reminded me I must check to see if the spare will fit on the front with the bigger brakes (and I suspect the answer is no).

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
All vag bolt are radius.You might need to keep a set of radius bolts if your aftermarket wheels have conical bolts.

Reactions: RUM4MO
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.