Has anyone Remapped a Leon FR 184

dannytremendous

Apr 4, 2019
Hi

Has anyone remapped the 184 Diesel FR?

Just wondering what are the performance gains? and any problems?

Mine is the DSG.

Thanks

Danny

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Should be good for another 30-40+ bhp and 60-70lbs+ of torque. Would make a world of difference.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Will it improve fuel economy? Obviously not if I had my foot down lol

It won't hurt it. When I had my MK2 Diesel mapped, it did add on a few mpg (4-5 maybe). I'm led to believe this is because the engine isn't working as hard to maintain the same speed or something like that. But really transformed it. That went from 170bhp to 205ish if I recall. But the torque is the real bonus.

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Hi

Has anyone remapped the 184 Diesel FR?

Just wondering what are the performance gains? and any problems?

Mine is the DSG.

Thanks

Danny
Yes I did mine it is quicker. Never had it dynod but looking at around 220bhp and more torque. Fuel economy improves too by a few mpg around 3-4 I think. Sorry it's been a while since I did it and I've done other things to it since so can't give you an exact answer. Hope that helps.

Aqib

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
Had mine done last week it's roughly 220bhp/499nm stock was 184bhp/404nm it honestly feels like a different car the slug of torque is unreal. It's like a diesel GTI now (never mind a gtd) although mine is manual

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
Had mine done last week it's roughly 220bhp/499nm stock was 184bhp/404nm it honestly feels like a different car the slug of torque is unreal. It's like a diesel GTI now (never mind a gtd) although mine is manual
What’s your MPG mate? Much difference?

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Had mine remapped 214bhp/471nm no where near the value caz95 got. Saying that it only had 19000 miles on it and stock figures where 177bhp/366nm so seemingly down on what they should be.

As for MPG driven as it was before on my work commute im still getting the 52mpg it always did.

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
DC remapping in Warrington mate. Local to me but he gets people from all over

Deleted member 77314

Had my 184 FR ST (DSG) remapped a year ago. I had the REVO stage one map installed by an official REVO franchise:
https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/seat/leon-mk3-2012-/200/stage-1

Their figures suggest the remap makes around 214-233bhp, though I've not had the car dyno'd.

There is little difference in low down acceleration / off-the-line speed, but there is significantly more power / kick in 2nd and 3rd gears. It also pulls for longer (higher in the rev range), so the surge continues for another 1000rpm over stock. Nice thing about it it that it doesn't affect driveability, and still feels 'standard', though with more punch. No affect on the driving modes.

I've not noticed any change in MPG. It was never great (for a diesel), and I usually get 40-45mpg, sometimes just over 50mpg on a long run. I don't drive it that hard. I honestly don't know how some people on here consistently get 50+mpg with this engine.

REVO are quite expensive compared to other options I've heard about, but in my opinion when modifying the engine I didn't want the take the chance with anyone less reputable. No issues in the last 12 months.

I should add that this is declared to the insurer (REIS), no point chancing it should the worst happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bucksssss

caz95

Jan 6, 2019
I declared mine as a peace of mind was only £50. Like seventen said the car still feels normal and it hasn't effected the drive at all, there's just more power on tap. I use an individual setting of normal steering, sport engine and eco a/c. Having the engine in sport makes it feel a lot more responsive, noticeably more than when it was stock but that's just my opinion

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Did it make any difference to your insurance or are you staying shhhhh

I agonised about calling the insurance when I got my first remap. They charged me £35 for the year. Then I couldn't believe how stupid I'd been worrying about it so much.

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
If you haven’t already, I’d suggest investing in some premium tyres at the same time. They’ll make a world of difference when you add more power.

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
MatTheMerciless I agree. The OEM tyres had little grip, especially as they wore down.

I'm now running Michelin Pilot Sport 4 which are excellent in comparison.

Upgrading from standard to premium tyres is one of those things everyone always says to do first, but it’s only when you feel the difference for yourself that you understand what they were all talking about :)

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
I’ve got a DTUK prdalbox for sale in the classifieds might be worth trying before remapping it they make a big difference to the acceleration and responsiveness of the car

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise