Having big troubles! EPC Light on, Low revs, Cutting out!

Keenio2011

Good morning all...

Been having trouble with my Seat Ibiza 1.4 cool.S recently. I was led to believe I had a bad battery because my Car didnt start a couple of times over the winter and if I left my radio on, I knew my Car wouldnt start etc however I powered on through regardless.

I bought a replacement battery brand new and fitted it the other day. Now, as soon as I put this battery on, my EPC light came on my dashboard. I thought maybe it was because the battery needed a little charge before hand but it doesnt seem to have gone off.

To gather everything together what is wrong, im guessing its all to do with this battery change somehow...

- EPC light on since I changed battery
- As I come up to junctions and slow down, my car will loose power and ill have to restart engine
- When my cars idle'ing, it idle's at halfway between 0 and 1000 and sounds very unhealthy

Can anyone give me any pointers... They would be a massive help!

wolvesatnight

Hi

I'm having the EXACT same trouble after replacing the battery last week on my 1.4 Ibiza .cool (2000). Low revs on idle, sometimes cutting out and EPC light on.

Would appreciate some help on this too!

Keenio2011

As bad as it sounds, im glad somebody is having the same problem! Ha.

I was told that the EPC light could mean a bulb out etc and I noticed my brake light was out so I changed that however the EPC light hasnt gone off.

Im still having the trouble regarding cutting out from time to time too!

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Where are you guys? I have Vag-Com. Could scan your cars to give you an idea. I have a 1.4 AUD engine too, but have never had this.

Reactions: Madda

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
As bad as it sounds, im glad somebody is having the same problem! Ha.

I was told that the EPC light could mean a bulb out etc and I noticed my brake light was out so I changed that however the EPC light hasnt gone off.

Im still having the trouble regarding cutting out from time to time too!

re: this. EPC light isn't linked to lights. There are no monitoring systems for the lights on mk3s

Keenio2011

My EPC light went out in the end, however I still have trouble with revs etc.

Basically, if I start my engine without putting some revs on, it will idle really badly and cut out. If I put it straight into gear and go a few hundred metres it will idle ok as I come to a stop.

Every now and again, I go to pull off and goes but really really slowly like ive nearly stalled the car, untill it picks up and pulls off fine again...

Any ideas experts?

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
I maintain, the key to fixing the car is getting it scanned. Have a poke around the vag-com section, theres a thread somewhere with all the registered owners of vag-com or vcds who are willing to help. pm one of them and they'll be able to help. one thing it wont be, however, is the mas air flow sensor (MAF) as the 1.4s dont have one ;)

carp

My EPC light went out in the end, however I still have trouble with revs etc.

Basically, if I start my engine without putting some revs on, it will idle really badly and cut out. If I put it straight into gear and go a few hundred metres it will idle ok as I come to a stop.

Every now and again, I go to pull off and goes but really really slowly like ive nearly stalled the car, untill it picks up and pulls off fine again...

Any ideas experts?

Did you ever get this sorted? I've been having exactly the same problem and I don't want to put it in at a garage for them to fix the wrong thing! Thanks!

lukeluke41

Jan 21, 2017
Where are you guys? I have Vag-Com. Could scan your cars to give you an idea. I have a 1.4 AUD engine too, but have never had this.
im having the same issue and scanned it with a VAG-COM and it came up clean

AvoK95

Apr 11, 2016
Lebanon
Check for oil to see if you have a bad headgasket.

Also check for vacuum leaks. Listen to hissing. I found hissing around my brake booster and the throttle body hose. These 2 can cause problems like these.

Reactions: Madda