Hazard Lights

Jun 24, 2019
Hi, my hazard lights are not working, all indicators work ect so my dad says its a fuse. The manual I have is useless as it tells you where the fuse panels are but when my dad actually looked, the fuses are not labelled so unsure which one is the hazard light. Does anyone know please?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Um, surely the hazard lights are just the indicators? Is the hazard light switch working? Ie does it flash when you push it in? Also, would help if you said what model of car you have.

Jun 24, 2019
H
Um, surely the hazard lights are just the indicators? Is the hazard light switch working? Ie does it flash when you push it in? Also, would help if you said what model of car you have.
Hi, no the button does not light up. It's a seat leon SE copa CR TDI

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Checked my manual (petrol Cupra unfortunately) and I don't have separate fuses for indicators / hazards. It's all heaped together.

Jun 24, 2019
Checked my manual (petrol Cupra unfortunately) and I don't have separate fuses for indicators / hazards. It's all heaped together.
OK thank you for checking anyway, hopefully someone else can shed some light. Also my from foglight cover is cracked (from stone chip) and the mechanic who has just done the mot says you have to buy the whole thing, you can't just get the lense cover, is that right?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Another thing, stupid as it may sound. If it's anything like my diesel FR, the hazard switch was next to the cup holder as one moulded unit. And the plastic enclosure would squeeze the wires and stop it from functioning. If it's the same, try pulling the enclosure out and see if it works (if it's the cup holder one, you squeeze it at the back / bottom and it pops out).

Jun 24, 2019
Another thing, stupid as it may sound. If it's anything like my diesel FR, the hazard switch was next to the cup holder as one moulded unit. And the plastic enclosure would squeeze the wires and stop it from functioning. If it's the same, try pulling the enclosure out and see if it works (if it's the cup holder one, you squeeze it at the back / bottom and it pops out).
Yeah it is I'll try that as well, thank you

Deleted member 103408

Thank you so much for this link, I still can't see one that says hazard lights on list, will it come under something else?

I can only presume this is because there is not a specific fuse for the Hazard Lights.

If you have the MK3 Then I have certainly had the hazard button getting stuck and not working properly.

Jun 24, 2019
It doesnt get stuck it just doesn't do anything. Really frustrating that it's not straight forward. Will try taking the cover off as it's next to cup holder and its been suggested that the wires might be squashed