Headlamp washers - retro fit

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hi guys,

In talks now with a guy on here called Jon who I've just got my Milltek exhaust from about buying his Bi-Xenons and he says the washers will also be available, have seen somewhere that the mounts are already there but what about the wiring and getting fluid to them? easy or not?

Danny.

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
You will need a higher pressure washer pump, & the tubes too. If you can get them from Jon then that will save a bit of money.
Wiring them up may not be so easy. I suspect you would need to wire them into a relay & then activate them via VAGCOM.....or you could wire then into the windscren washers & dipped beam feed & then they would come on when you operate the windscreen washers but only when the dipped beam is on.

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Had a good look at these when fitting the interccoler and I think looks quite easy.
I dont know what parts would be needed ie the higher pressure pump, but the worst part of the job would be cutting up the bumper and possibly butchering it. There is a template out line in the back if the bumper marking where to cut.

I dont remember seeing any wires to them. I think they may just pop out under pressure?

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Had a good look at these when fitting the interccoler and I think looks quite easy.
I dont know what parts would be needed ie the higher pressure pump, but the worst part of the job would be cutting up the bumper and possibly butchering it. There is a template out line in the back if the bumper marking where to cut.

I dont remember seeing any wires to them. I think they may just pop out under pressure?

I thought I saw you fiddling under the bonnet again!:D

The wiring would be to the high pressure pump.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members