headlight bulb upgrade

ScottyDog

Apr 23, 2006
Cambridge
Anyone got any ideas about how bright i can change my headlight bulbs to? I'm fed up with my lights looking really dull, orangey, and not very bright, but want something as bright as i can legally go, with a bright white light. Any ideas?

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Im not a fan of HID's on cars that shouldn't have them, the beam is never right and you blind every other driver on the road. I would recommend Osram Nightbreakers.... I have them and think they great, much brighter and give a nice clean white look. As it says on the box 90% brighter 10% whiter.

Last edited:

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
what bulbs fit in the gti, i had some ice white h4's from a pug that i had but they dont fit do they.
they seem to be the only ones i can find

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Im not a fan of HID's on cars that shouldn't have them, the beam is never right and you blind every other driver on the road. I would recommend Osram Nightbreakers.... I have them and think they great, much brighter and give a nice clean white look. As it says on the box 90% brighter 10% whiter.

I have to say I think my beam is right as I have no problems with other drivers or that.

Im just getting my own back on all the people in there Range Rovers/X5's etc.

Seat Adam

Dirty Densel Driver
I recently uprated my Leon Cupra TDI with Osram Nightbreakers. They do make a difference. The other thing you can get is the Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs. About the same price as the Osram Nightbreakers, but not quite as bright, almost though.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I have to say I think my beam is right as I have no problems with other drivers or that.

Im just getting my own back on all the people in there Range Rovers/X5's etc.

Hopefully I be one of them people in a X5 soon.... need something to tow with :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
save ya cash and go older after using nigh on 20 different pullers i found the best tow vehicle i've ever driven was a Daihatsu Fourtrak (independent suspension model)

last one i had was a van model with roof rack, got my tools tyres the lot in with it too and still dragged itself across the wet fields at the end of the races

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
well I want something classy as well as to tow the ibiza and trailer, wanting dvd headrests, screen on the dash if possile but either a range rover or a x5 will need to have 20" rims lol.

But then why have a 4x4 and when it comes to mud or snow it's useless??

Gone competely off topic lol

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
now then dave. ive just ordered a set of nightbreakers for the ibiza, should be on the road soon. ive had afew bits shot blasted for the brakes, hubs and carriers and got to say that interior has come up even better with some autoglym leather cleaner and cream. if you getting a rangerover or x5, you got to get atleast 22`s. you saw what mine looked like on the touareg! you still got that gear knob?;)

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Glad it looks even better! And they more supportive than the mk3 cupra seats lol.

Yea still got the gear knob.... can't believe we forgot it. PM me your address and I sort it when I have 5mins and send me a pic of what trim u wanted.

Or could do a deal; the gear knob for ur touareg... love one but the prices aren't as low as the X5's yet.

Last edited:

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
as long as your ibiza is attached to the gear knob then yeah we can do a swap!!!! lol.:p will txt you my address, let me know how much postage is and will sort you out. cheers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.