Headlight change instructions..???

pablocroz

Hi there, i own a Leon FR, A MONSTEROUS bit of road kill hit my passenger side light and smashed the indicator, i came away lucky it didn't crease my bonnet!! i too have decided to change to a pair of angel halo eyes, thus meaning a big job it seems with the bumper and battery stand...

I've read previous posts about having to remove the bumper but i'm struggling to find out any instructions as i cannot source a 'haynes type' manual....

Can anyone help please so i can crack on with it, can't bring myself to pay for a light change after paying for the lights, would rather upgrade my bulbs...

....also means a leon mk1 driver side headlight will be entering an auction on e-bay shortly, thanks in advance...

pete:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
Yes the front bumper needs to be off as theres fixings on the bottom edge of the headlamp which you cant get to unless its off, if its the mk1 pre facelift then you will need to prise the plastic rub strips out of the bumper to reveal those hidden fixings!:(

pablocroz

it's a 55 plate, '05 i think, i'm sure it's the facelift.

Can anyone point me in to the direction of some instructions for this sort of task?.....i don't want to make things harder than they need to be...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.