Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Headlight Converter Xenon Lights

Discussion in 'Altea - includes XL and Freetrack' started by intruder, Jan 20, 2006.

1. intruder

intruder Guest

Hi all, couldn't find anything by using the search function about the headlight converter for Xenon Lights. Has anyone experience with Halfords converter sets? Or can the beam be adjusted manually? :shrug: thanks for your help!

2. klawit

klawit ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)

I assume, that these "Halfords" are just xenon bulbs, otherwise a product-link would be helpful.
    If it's simply the bulbs, there is a thread =>Xenon Headlights - Altea/Toledo dealing with both replacement kits as well as brighter bulbs.

Greets
    Klaus

3. intruder

intruder Guest

Hallo Klaus, the converter kits are used for travelling from the UK to Europe, or vice versa. I've found the standard ones for H4/H7 headlights, but none for the Xenon lights that my Altea already has.
    Basically it's the old sticker method, "Scheinwerferabkleben".

BTW, I also checked the german Altea site as well as the Leon forum. Using both a lot and very helpfull indeed for my old Leon TS TDI.

4. klawit

@intruder
    ok, thanks for explaining.

Once have heard sth. about that but I'll have to investigate ...

If I can't come over with some infos till tomorrow, shall I post it in our forum?

Do you need the info pretty quick? As I doubt that this request will produce dozens of replies ... should be a more common topic for the british folks I suppose.
    But it could be worth a try ...

Klaus

Just found the product description ... unfortunately no choice of language on their homepage:
    => http://www.halford.nl/NL/Auto/Catalog/CategoryProductList.htm?categoryId=26422&subCategoryId=27212

#4 klawit, Jan 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  5. Tell

Tell Full Member

I'll give a bit of info for non Xenon Altea owners the Altea headlight protector kit from Seat comes with their own stickers that you put inside and clip them on. So at Dover say you whip off your headlight protectors, give the plastic a wipe, stick on the bits and clip back together.

For Xenon people it's a bummer isn't it I think.... that Halfords site looked pricey. Not that I'm an expert on Xenon bulbs.

6. klawit

When I come to think about it ... these Halford conversion kits probably won't be the ones you might be looking for ... IMHO they're supposed to be complete substitute sets.

The intention is to compensate (UK<=>Europe) the nonspherical illumination, right? (...hope my English describes it fairly well...)

What about questioning a dealer? :whistle:
    Sorry, I suppose you wouldn't be asking here, if that would have had prospects of success ...

So further investigation will be necessary ... hope to be back soon :D

Klaus

7. Jaytee

Jaytee Full Member

I think you will find that there is a switch at the back of the headlights to change from RHD to LHD configuration, but, if it is anything like the Octavia I had, it is a workshop job to carry out - I personally don't bother when I cross the channel.:)
    BTW, because xenons have dynamic levelling, the stick on strips are not correct, because the beam position is always changing!!

Cheers,
    John.