Headlight washers

carterc_ae

The cover has 'disappeared' from my N/S headlight washer overnight - anyone know how to refit a new one? I ask because the washer jets pop up out of the bumper when in use, but are otherwise retracted.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Having just got an Alhambra with Headlamp washers the dealer mentioned this popping off of the covers as something that occassionally happens when driving at speed and using them. He also intimated that should it happen it would be claimable under warranty. The part is only a few quid but having it sprayed etc to match the bumper is what pushes the cost up. If yours is still under warranty it might be trying the dealer first.

Paul

carterc_ae

Only just got the bits from the dealer to fix this. After getting it sprayed and refitted, it's not really a function that I need on a vehicle, as I regularly clean the windows & all lights anyway in the winter.

How do I go about disabling this? I've looked in the handbook and fusebox diagram, and I cannot see an independent fuse, so I guess it's on the windscreen wash wipe circuit?

Any ideas as to how I could get this function disabled?

100andthirty

Mar 19, 2004
An interesting challenge. On mine, I've never even seen the bottle - just the filler neck. Never, ever seen the pumps on this one.

They were clearly visible on the N reg 2.0 Galaxy I had first. Later ones ('04 Alhambra TDI) have buried it under much kit!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members