Headlights - different size?

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
I went to upgrade the rubbish Seat bulbs today. I got some better ones from Halfords that replicate Gas Xenon - when i removed the 2 old bulbs from my car the drivers side one was slightly bigger than the passenger side? Does any one know what this is all about? :)

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
Yeh they are the same make - the origional Seat ones but they are 2 different sizes - is it for right hand drive cars? Very wierd...........

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
I know Seat don't make bulbs - i couldnt understand why one was different to the other but if they have a habbit of putting two different brands in then that would explain why.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
At a guess they probably buy the units in from a manufacturer with the bulbs fitted then just plug the wires on so it wouldnt be supprising if they were different. Best upgrade I did to the leon was to fit osram silver stars to the main beam...

It came with them fitted as standard for the full beam.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
sicasey said:
I know Seat don't make bulbs

I thought you would ;)

I expect the same line (machine, or a row of people) sticks the bulbs so the units are ready for assembly. As you've said - they don't single-source on the bulbs, so the lieliehood of getting two the same is pretty low.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.