1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Headlights haze on glass

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by Monsoon, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Monsoon

Monsoon Active Member

My headlights seem to have millions of tiny micro-cracks on the inside of the glass units which are particularly noticeable when the lights are on. Anyone else got this or got it sorted?

No moisture/condensation evident, no obvious gaps/leaks, and thoroughly clean on the outside. The car is now 6 years old.

Thanks

DSC_0315b.jpg DSC_0320b.jpg

2. Kothaex

Kothaex Active Member

Chiming in to say this is exactly what mine looks like. 2014 mk3 Cupra. I'll post images shortly.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

4. Monsoon

Monsoon Active Member

Thanks Kirky. Looks like a not uncommon problem, but no one on that thread managed to get it sorted. Would be interesting to find out if anyone has since then.

5. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

I expect so.

6. martin j.

martin j. Active Member

I think my previous Leon 08 mk2 had similar on the headlights, didn’t seem to affect the light pattern or mot.

7. ZK_FR150

ZK_FR150 Active Member

There probably isn't going to be any sort of easy fix for this I'm guessing, either bake the headlight so the glue melts and you can separate the lens from the unit and polish the inside of the lens if you are confident enough.

Otherwise replace both lights will be the only other option.

8. KoNG

KoNG Active Member

some of the earliest model suffered from wrong filter fitted causing dust getting sucked in the light and this is exactly what you get after couple years running the light. SEAT wont take any warranty measure on this problem only one solution is replace the light if you not fancy baking and taking it apart.

9. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

Of all the VW Group marques, SEAT do seem to be the worst offenders for many "lighting assembly" problems when you include the leaking/falling apart rear light clusters, I can't quite understand why that is happening again and again.

10. Kothaex

Kothaex Active Member

Just posting my example as I said I would. Not the best picture but I feel like it's the same issue as described above.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

11. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

My facelift lights look pretty much the same on a 2 year old car, but in my case, on both sides the auto-levelling has decided to give up often, requiring me to turn engine on and off for lights to level properly, so I am hoping they will replace both under warranty - currently case is under investigation and my local dealer is seeking approval for the repair.
    I believe their solution will be to "first attempt a reset of the leveling system"
    I needed to provide video proof, including the car license plate, for them to take action.
    I feel I have a long fight ahead... But hopefully I will get the full lights replaced, which will sort also the foggy lenses from inside.

MXP2090 likes this.
  12. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

So why we have cars under warranty?Video evidence sometime not enough and never ending argument really tiring.

MXP2090 and Jaco2k like this.
  13. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

If I would count all the times I complain about something only to either be told "it is normal" or simply ignored...

MXP2090 and Norbert like this.