Headlights problem, need help!

ChRiStIaN7

Hehe first topic :D

Today I wanted to change my burned H7 bulb on my 'Beeza and i have some problems now. My father put the bulb upside down but I did'n noticed that right away. Headlight was lighting very high in the sky so I've tried to manualy lower the headlamp. I spinned that little wheel until it was down but when I turned on the full headlight (long one) it was lighting very low, so there's when I noticed that early menioned problem of upside down bulb.

Then I've put the bulb the right way and now the light was too low. I started to spin that wheel again and it stoped like it was jamed but I doubt it was the highest level because that lamp was still lower than the right one. Then something broked...i heard a crack and now the lamp won't go up or down. Elecronically it goes, but manualy no!

What can I do now? I cannot drive wih one lamp normal and the other pointed o the flour. can this be fixed or I'll have to change the whole headlamp.

Sorry for my bad english, thank you in advance!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It is possible that the screw thread has broke, I'm fairly sure those adjusters are only plastic. I would suggest you take the whole headlight unit out and have a proper look, that will be the easiest way to see what's wrong. It might be that you've just unscrewed it so much that its come off the end, in which case you should be able to screw it back on with not much effort. But even if something has broke, because it's mostly plastic you might be able to use superglue to fix it.

I don't understand how they can go in upside down though, the three tags on the bulb prevent the bulb going in wrong?

ChRiStIaN7

It is possible that the screw thread has broke, I'm fairly sure those adjusters are only plastic. I would suggest you take the whole headlight unit out and have a proper look, that will be the easiest way to see what's wrong. It might be that you've just unscrewed it so much that its come off the end, in which case you should be able to screw it back on with not much effort. But even if something has broke, because it's mostly plastic you might be able to use superglue to fix it.

I don't understand how they can go in upside down though, the three tags on the bulb prevent the bulb going in wrong?

don't ask! My father is a special person XD

so on the top of headlight there are 2 screws. Do I need to unscrew anything elese first or just those 2 screws?

thnx

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
it is likely that as with mine, the little plastic lug that holds the adjuster onto the hedlight unit itself has slid off with the torque from over tightening.

Will be clear with headlight out.

To get the light out follow the steps to remove the bumper
Then undo the headlight and refit, try and get a similar light pattern before tightening the headlight up.
Also get a headlight allignment done after its like £4 and stops you blinding everyone

ChRiStIaN7

it is likely that as with mine, the little plastic lug that holds the adjuster onto the hedlight unit itself has slid off with the torque from over tightening.

Will be clear with headlight out.

To get the light out follow the steps to remove the bumper
Then undo the headlight and refit, try and get a similar light pattern before tightening the headlight up.
Also get a headlight allignment done after its like £4 and stops you blinding everyone

is there a FAQ about removing the first bumper? Because I can't find anything

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
there is a forge guide on the forgemotorsport website.

Its not hard though.

Remove the 4 big bolts on the engine bay plastic.

Remove the ones under the car

Remove the ones on the bumper side of the wheel arch

Remove the 1 next to each fog lamp in the grills.

All bolts are torx T25 - T27 I think not sure though O and you will need to pull the bumper off .

Then the headlight removal will be aparant