Headlights problem

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice one, cheers Gavin. I did try moving the one I found myself earlier on but it was still too light to be able to tell and I couldn't get very close to any handy walls. Think the one I was adjusting was the height, according to that document. I'll hopefully have a bit more time to mess around with it tomorrow night. Will post back once I've had a good chance to mess about with them.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Thanks again dude! If I get a chance tonight I'll go give it a try. I'd be inclined to think the document you found was right but it should be easy enough to work it out, at least now we know where the adjusters are located.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Well i finally got a chance to go out and try sorting this tonight. On my car it's the inner adjusters that seem to adjust beam range, I guess the outer ones adjust angle. I managed to adjust with a decent sized philips screwdriver, a dark-ish car park I could park far enough back from a wall in and a torch, to see if I was sticking the screwdriver in the correct hole.

It seems as if you need to "undo" the screw to get the beam to rise up, i.e. turn anti-clockwise too, I started off driving the screw in the way and just brought the beam closer to me. Anyway, hope this helps someone else some day.

knobby

Oct 16, 2010
Any further finds on this? Did you sort it? I'm having the same problem. Was going to raise them up high the use the electric Height adjuster in the car to lower them.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Yes, kind of - I managed to raise the headlight level using the inner-most adjuster on each lamp but now unless I have the dashboard adjuster set to II or III people flash at me cos they think I've got main beam on rather than dipped. If you're still unsure after reading this thread then ask away.

I gather that headlight adjustment is part of the MOT so next time I've got the car in the garage I'm going to ask them to adjust them correctly. If I still don't get a decent range out of the headlights that way I'm going to investigate better bulbs or possibly HIDs.