Headlights wet/damp inside

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Was out at my dealer today getting a free 4week check over, and there was a complimentary wash after. When I got the car back, the headlights were all steamed up, first time ive seen it on the leon, the dealer took photographs and is going to speak to seat, i was told that there are 14 other seats waiting there to go through the warranty - though they were all Ibizas. THe replaced a leon headlight this morning too..

I was told that the lights are breathable, but I said that they still shouldnt be like that? Are they supposed to be breathable?

I was told that its unlikely Seat will change the headlights, I told them I dont think its acceptable on a new car..

Anyone else experienced this?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I thought modern headlights were sealed units?

Misted lights are common on older Seats. I had terrible trouble with my LCR in the last year or so of me owning it.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
how did they wash it? power wash, drive thru, or old fashioned sponge?
if it was just a sponge and soapy water i'd be very disappointed. let us know how you get on.

:(

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
They used a power wash, and probably a brush - I didn't know they were for washing it to be honest, untill I got it back, im very particular, id rather have washed it myself than some ass who doesnt give a ****..

Anyway, im not blaming the garage, if they are going to leak they are going to leak.. (BTW - I use a commercial powerwash at home, so its not that.. Though I never go close, i use it only to rinse the car)

Just a thought - can the xenons be fitted after? - Like could I give them extra money on top of the money seat are giving them to fit the standard lights, to fit xenons?

They said it would be few days before seat would get back - I'll give them untill friday.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
they are vented headlights, top and bottom so you will see condensation and poss water if you blast them with a power washer.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.