Headlights

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Now this may have been discussed before it may not but its hard to pick anything out about it from around all the HID threads.
Has anyone noticed and problems with their headlight alignment being to high.
Im constently getting abuse from my friends saying my lights blind them when im following them. But i have them set on the lowest.
:shrug::confused:

rico

Nov 16, 2006
Aberdeen
you can get it checked by your local Mot test centre, probably wont charge you for it either.

Nov 28, 2006
I've got the same thing on my 54 plate LCR. I'm guessing the alignment has moved in the 3 years since it was new. Normally this would be picked up by the MOT but it's not due it's first one until next month.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
With my HID kit.

I keep the switch at the "I" postition.

I dont think the lights are higher, its just that they're so powerful that the glare is much stronger.

I keep them lower than usual and comfortable enough to see...

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
Had mine checked after fitting by an mot station.
Mines set at 0 and there fine, not one person has flashed and i've driven behind plenty of police without a problem.
regardless of hids or normal bulbs you should always get your headlights adjusted after changing them and always change them in pairs.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
How do you adjust them?, with the dial switch or physically move them within the housing?.

Rob_M

There should be manual adjustment in the light unit itself, no idea where though on the leon.

As platinum R said, always get them checked when changing anything on them - on an old mondeo I had the whole light unit had to be removed and replaced just to change a bulb, which meant everytime it was done I needed to get them reset properly.

Luckily local MOT station are sound and did it for nought every time

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
well i haven't actually changed anything or even toached them. they seemed high from the moment i bought the car with 0 miles.

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
still take them to be checked, sounds like the previous owner didn't bother.
adjustment is simple, theres a couple of white knob things on each housing which adjust height and angle. mot places will do it.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
there was no previous own thats what im saying it was brand new so you won't expect them to be wrong

Well you adjust th ebeam using the adjustment from the dial next to the light switch. if that dosnt help much you would need to adjust them manualy. either it to a mot who will tune it to appriote height.

If you want to do it your self. Park next to a tall straight wall around 2metres away. Leaving your full beams on. using a philips screw driver adjust the driveer side head light by turning it left or right. You would then see on the wall the light is moving up or down which either way you turn. do the same to other side.
you may wana do it when its abit dark as you can see a better aligmnent of the beam ;)

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
there was no previous own thats what im saying it was brand new so you won't expect them to be wrong

How strange - I've always thought mine were too low, and had them checked at the dealers when it went in for a service, they said they were fine! :shrug:

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea

But cupra R's didn't come with hids. so you must have fitted them which means they need checking.

if you still have normal bulbs then they still can be out even though the car was new.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
never said i had HID's!
oh i know they can still be out but you wouldn't expect them to be out on a car that had just come straight from the factory

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
my apologies didn't mean to sound short.

I know they shouldn't but mine came with loads of bits missing from the factory and after a pdi so having headlights mis aligned wouldn't suprise me.
if the drivers dial wasn't on 0 when they aligned them then when you put it to 0 they will be out.

sorry again for the mis understanding.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.