Headlights

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Im After some advice on splitting my leons headlights to clean the inside as they have managed to get filthy. Ive done a search and found a guide but its on a bora so wondered if anyone with a leon had done this and could share some info/pointers with me

Any help appriciated

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
Id like to know this too as mine are dirty inside. Have got a spare light but cant see how it can be done.
Got a link to the bora guide as I can compare the lights and how its done on the bora

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Never done the Leon but did my old car.
Basically you need to soften the sealant between the lens and the casing, there also might be clips so remove them first.

People have put them in the oven (make sure the wife is out ;) ) on a low heat for about 15 mins, or i just used an hair drier and worked my way around it.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You sure they are dirty inside?
When my car was polished the headlights were done too with whatever he used, and the difference was amazing.

Might be worth asking in the detailing section.

xswiftyx

Oven hairdrier and heatgun work on most cars. Tried it on a 04 Leon FR and was a real pain. Nothing like other cars. Used a scewdriver and brut force. Got in there in the end but head to get some new silicone sealant to put them back together. Looked a mess when the bonnet is open.
This is not recommended on this car

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
My ultra ones, i just removed the clips and pulled them apart, was very happy compared to the hassle of doing other lights.

Did a mates on his IS200, never again!!!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.