Headliner replacement

Feb 14, 2019
Edinburgh
Hi there im currently in process of changing out my cupra headliner for cupra r with visor lights in and have came across the issue of there being no where for my new loom to plug in.
I have stripped pillars and glove box away to see if anything behind to wire in yet i have found nothing to plug into.
Has anyone done this mod if so how did you get all the interior lights to work and where u wire it too thanks.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Did your old sub visor have the lights ?
I know mine did have them and they was a pain to unplug and plug in as the plugs was under the the join in the roof panel and inner panel very fiddly I will see if I have a pic off where they where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Just gone through my phone but don’t have the pictures anymore sorry
If you look where the main light screws to the roof and follow that to the corner off the windscreen the plug was in that area
Sorry for the description it’s hard with out the pictures to pin point the location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2019
Edinburgh
Thank you for reply no its one single loom with no plugs nothings tucked away at all. Attached image dont know if will work but can find a plug all runs in behind glove box to big ball of wires.

Attachments

• 15501494670028819347828549672160.jpg
    15501494670028819347828549672160.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Having stripped out many Leon's I can confirm that if the car didn't come with illuminated sun visors you won't find a loom hidden away anywhere.
Many early Leon's didn't come with them and its predominantly the facelift Cupras & FRs that received them from the factory.
These cars of course came with grey headliners.
Not many Cupra Rs came with them fitted and they were strictly reserved for the very latest ones eg 05/ 55 plate.
Obviously the Rs came with black headliners, lights & plastics.
These are bloody hard to source now as I've tried on numerous occasions.
The actual vanity lights can be found from few other VAG offerings but the microswitched mk4 Golf Anni and Cupra R sun visors are incredibly difficult to find in good condition and / or not ridiculously priced.

It look me a very long time to find some along with a black centre visor to go into my Cupra R.

As for the loom, you'll need to chop it out of another late Cupra or FR and tap into the existing interior light loom.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yellow fr
Feb 14, 2019
Edinburgh
Having stripped out many Leon's I can confirm that if the car didn't come with illuminated sun visors you won't find a loom hidden away anywhere.
Many early Leon's didn't come with them and its predominantly the facelift Cupras & FRs that received them from the factory.
Not many Cupra Rs came with them fitted and they were strictly reserved for the very latest ones eg 05/ 55 plate.
The actual vanity lights can be found from few other VAG offerings but the microswitched mk4 Golf Anni and Cupra R sun visors are incredibly difficult to find in good condition and / or not ridiculously priced.

It look me a very long time to find some along with a black centre visor to go into my Cupra R.

As for the loom, you'll need to chop it out of another late Cupra or FR and tap into the existing interior light loom.

Thank you very much for your reply i got it all at very good price.
Least now i know id be wasting my time to look for somthing that is not there cheers buddy.

GMAN79

Feb 6, 2015
London

So can you actually buy the loom from the main dealer?
If so, what's the part number as I am doing the same thing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.