Headunit upgrade

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Hello again

I know it has been covered loads but I have a crappy mp3 headunit in my2010 Leon fr I believe it's a facelift version? and want to upgrade to a unit with Bluetooth phone calling I have tried the android 1s lasted 1 week before they broke and tried a xtrons also faulty sound only 1 side so I would rather go the factory route but what is involved? Or does any1 recommend something else like pioneer or Kenwood? Thanks for any help.
f8232b34a868615c80f3e5afe6bdcc29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
So I'm going for the rns315 unit as it already has Bluetooth built in picked 1 up for £200 Just need to wire the Mic into the vanity light and upgrade the ariel to dab 1 this is what I'm not too sure about so probs let my local vag garage do it for me.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hi mate, i had the same HU as you in my FL Cupra, got rid of that and now got an RCD 510. I didn't really need satnav as I have TomTom and a mobile, it's great, touch screen and I've got a hard drive connected to it via USB so all my songs are at a touch of a button and quick too. I have BT under the seat so it was a simple plug and play.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Hi mate, i had the same HU as you in my FL Cupra, got rid of that and now got an RCD 510. I didn't really need satnav as I have TomTom and a mobile, it's great, touch screen and I've got a hard drive connected to it via USB so all my songs are at a touch of a button and quick too. I have BT under the seat so it was a simple plug and play.
Hi thanks I was thinking about the red 510 I also never use nav I don't have the module under seat though.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Only real reason why i didn't get one was that at the time, they were all around the £400 mark so was way too much for the budget at the time, sounds like you got a bargain though.

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
Check out the pioneer f9210 and 9310 if you haven't got the rns 315 already... I got a pumpkin android headunit, been working for a year plus, has had some problems but all were sorted when speaking to their customer service. Its just a little slow when loading apps now, sat nav etc. Tempted with the Pioneer headunits as can also hook up my rca rear cam. The Kenwoods look good but I dont think they have streaming capabilities where as the pioneers do.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Check out the pioneer f9210 and 9310 if you haven't got the rns 315 already... I got a pumpkin android headunit, been working for a year plus, has had some problems but all were sorted when speaking to their customer service. Its just a little slow when loading apps now, sat nav etc. Tempted with the Pioneer headunits as can also hook up my rca rear cam. The Kenwoods look good but I dont think they have streaming capabilities where as the pioneers do.
I have ordered the 315 already bud thanks I will probs be looking for change again sooner or later.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.