Headunit wont turn on with ignition on?

Granty312

Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys!

I brought a double din head unit yesterday, went got the correct harness. And now I've connected it all. However, there is a red wire for ignition switch 12v, that needs to be plugged in somewhere. There doesn't seem to be a corresponding wire on the leon side, but is on the new loom? There are two wires that go into the plastic plug in the leon side, and when I plug this into either of them, one will make the headunit work if the engine and ignition is all completely off, and then other one makes it only work with engine running but wont stay on it just starts up turns off? Any ideas? Will upload pics to help
d080771f3d756ba22c71e488bc9636e6.jpg
2cafe4f8d3995e89e693451492e88062.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Not sure if this applies to your individual issue but as I have recently discovered some mk2 Leon's depending on year of manufacture don't take well to having non factory installed headunit fitted to them.

The issues are usually down to the canbus module that is fitted to the car.

I have had to change mine to a new canbus module to allow me to use a rns510 headunit from a golf without draining my battery over night.

Like I said I am not sure if the canbus system is related to your individual issue but I am sure one of the gurus will be long shortly to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
Hi guys!

I brought a double din head unit yesterday, went got the correct harness. And now I've connected it all. However, there is a red wire for ignition switch 12v, that needs to be plugged in somewhere. There doesn't seem to be a corresponding wire on the leon side, but is on the new loom?
Been there, fixed it by reluctantly buying the Connects2 adaptor http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CT20ST01

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.