Heated door mirrors - didn't know that.

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
Well I'll be blowed, I always thought the heated door mirrors came on with the heated rear window - not so. Now it's gone a bit colder I couldn't understand why the mirrors weren't clearing.

The mirror adjuster knob has to be turned to the 1 O'Clock position, there's even a little symbol there...that can't be seen from the normal seated position.

They didn't have that on the MK2 did they?

All the best

Pub

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
On the Mk2 the adjuster knob needed to be in the central position for them to warm up via the heated rear screen button.

On the facelift MK2 the knob needs to be in the central position and the outside temp needs to be below 20 for them to work via the heated rear screen button.

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
Ah..... that explains why the "heated mirrors" came up randomly on that "con ???" thing display that shows how much energy you are using, like for air conditioning.

I was not at all bothered where I parked the mirror knob, have to be more careful now.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Its a bit pants that you can't see the symbol unless you look right over the knob (I am quite tall but I have my seat as low as it will go in the FR model.....)

Leonnie

Thanks for that:)

Been wondering about that myself, I thought I was going to refer to the hand book:confused: