Heated mirror issue

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
So;

I recently purchased a '57 Leon Cupra two months ago.

After 3 days of ownership, someone decided to swipe my car and knock the mirror off and provide some nice scratches.

So I replaced the Mirror with one I found off Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253915666166

After fighting my door car for a few hours and having fun with window runners I managed to successfully replace the ****** one with this one.

NOW. up until recently I haven't noticed any issues whatsoever, but while scanning with VCDS after trying to eliminate a boost issue (****** DV) I noticed a code for my heated mirror :

Code:
Driver's door
Part #: 1T0959701G
Coding: 688 (decimal)
Component: J386 TUER-SG FT
Fault codes:
00943 Heated Exterior Mirror: Driver Side (Z4)

I believe I have replaced the door mirror with a non-heated one. I am now wondering what is the process of getting this "heated" can I just switch some heated glass onto the unit (https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/SEAT-Leon-1p-Genuine-Passenger-Heated-Mirror-Glass-1P0857521/653527317) or do I need a whole new heat-capable unit?

And I know its not just a random code that popped up after the mirror was swiped as my passenger side mirror heats properly and gets warm to the touch, as this one doesn't.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
What did the old damaged one look like inside what wiring is there that isn't in the new one would be where i look first. I would assume there is a wiring harness connector in the old that's not in the new one.

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
What did the old damaged one look like inside what wiring is there that isn't in the new one would be where i look first. I would assume there is a wiring harness connector in the old that's not in the new one.

Funnily enough, I did check the connectors before I swapped it.

They both seemed identical.

I am wondering if perhaps the previous owner of the mirror I bought had to purchase new glass at some point and just got standard glass.

The mirror folds, but not as well as my stock mirror. It stops about halfway.

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
CHECK IF HAS CONNECTORS ON MIRROR,THEN CHECK WITH METER IF POWER TO CABLE CONNECTORS,IF POWER COULD HAVE DODGEY MIRROR ELEMENT,AS FOR ISSUE WITH MIRROR GOING HALF WAY ,BE BRAVE AND ONCE STOPPED TWIST TILL FULLY IN,WILL CLICK AS TURN .ONCE MOVED PUT BACK OUT THEN TRY AGAIN,SHOULD NOW GO ALL WAY.....HAD SAME WITH MINE AFTER A DUMB NERD CLIPPED ,HOPE HELPS .....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise