1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Heated rear screen

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by dh00001, Nov 8, 2010.

1. dh00001

dh00001 Active Member

This morning my heated screen seems to have stopped fully functioning. The three elements in the middle work so it clears a strip but none of the others do. The elements all look ok and undamaged.
    Not entirely sure how to access the wiring to check that though?
    Unless anyone knows why all but a strip would stop working? :S

2. andy_lang

They are so fragile and easily damaged when for instance cleaning! I bought my car and I have just a couple top and bottom - so useless!!! Luckily the A/C works very well and the air "wafts back" and clears it anyways.

If theres an easy way to fix it id also like to know...................... cough - Lee? haha

3. 8bit

8bit Active Member

You can get conductive paint from Maplin, Halfords may stock it as well as this is one of the uses for it. I keep meaning to get some too as I've got about 3 or 4 lines not working on mine. This will help if the tracks are damaged but if the whole thing isn't working I'd be checking fuses first.

4. dh00001

dh00001 Active Member

defiantly not the fuses, getting a little more important now its icey...
    do you have to remove the boot skin to get to the unit and wiring?