heated seats & front parking sensors

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
Hi,

do all leather seats come with heated pads? so if i add the loom and switches the seats will be heated? or will i need to buy different seats?

did any exeos come with front parking sensors? can I retro fit these?

Thanks

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Mine has both factory fitted, the front park sensors have a switch on the dash to turn them on/off. Its probably quite tricky to get that same system in your car but flush fit front parking sensor kits are available in the aftermarket which work great, look OE and work with a few wire splices. Most car manufacturers either use Cobra/Vodafone, Valeo, Xvision or Meta sensors. The Exeo has Valeo sensors from the factory but Cobra/Vodafone ones are just as good.

With regards to the heated seats question, your non heated seats won't have heated elements in them but a good trimmer/upholsterer will be able to fit them for you. It'll probably be cheaper to buy seats with them fitted though, I watch Copart salvage auctions and a few heated seat Exeos have gone through in the last week, and there's still one to go. Retrofitting the factory controls is doable, I'm pretty sure Jay1601 put a link up to the wiring diagram on his progress thread.

Last edited:

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
Mine has both factory fitted, the front park sensors have a switch on the dash to turn them on/off. Its probably quite tricky to get that same system in your car but flush fit front parking sensor kits are available in the aftermarket which work great, look OE and work with a few wire splices. Most car manufacturers either use Cobra/Vodafone, Valeo, Xvision or Meta sensors. The Exeo has Valeo sensors from the factory but Cobra/Vodafone ones are just as good.

With regards to the heated seats question, your non heated seats won't have heated elements in them but a good trimmer/upholsterer will be able to fit them for you. It'll probably be cheaper to buy seats with them fitted though, I watch Copart salvage auctions and a few heated seat Exeos have gone through in the last week, and there's still one to go. Retrofitting the factory controls is doable, I'm pretty sure Jay1601 put a link up to the wiring diagram on his progress thread.

so i could fit some parking sensors and wire it to the proper switch?

sounds like a plan

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I suppose you could but I'm not sure if the button would work as you'd hope as it has a light bulb in it. It's probably much easier to wire in an aftermarket switch to turn the speaker on or off. You could get creative by removing the aux in socket and replacing it with one of the buttons listed half way down THIS PAGE. The circuit diagrams are listed below the pictures :)

Last edited:

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
I spoke to the people likely to install the sensors they say they come pre wired with a switch and it has to be that switch.
I am removing the rns-e so the AUX part will no longer work. i will probably put the switch there. I wanted it to look as standard as possible though

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I spoke to the people likely to install the sensors they say they come pre wired with a switch and it has to be that switch.
I am removing the rns-e so the AUX part will no longer work. i will probably put the switch there. I wanted it to look as standard as possible though

I wonder what brand they'd be fitting?

I can't see why the VW switch I mentioned can't be wired to the speaker turning that on or off, it's a pretty simple circuit. If I was in your position I would call/email a local auto electrician or three, show them that circuit diagram and see if they can quote you for the whole job using a quality branded parking sensor kit for peace of mind. Most of the auto sparkies around my way do parking sensors as part of their service.

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
not sure. I would have thought it would have been simple enough to cut the switch off and wire where ever you want

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Wow I haven't heard that name in a while. If you ever owned a 90's hot hatch you might have seen a sticker in your time. If their parking sensors are as good as their alarms were I'd look elsewhere.

Personally I'd go with Cobra/Vodafone or Valeo. SEAT's accessory kits were Cobra and the factory ones fitted to my Exeo are Valeo. Funnily enough I've just had a Cobra sensor fail on my girlfriend's car, they've been fitted since 2012. I got 4 brand new sensors on eBay for £6.29.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.