Heater air speed @ drivers side

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
When I put the heater to the floor or to my feet, the air seems to blow much harder on the drivers side than the passenger side. Its like 80% of the force goes to my side.

Are they all like this or is it a problem. :confused:

flashbsd

all depends on what the rubing is like on the leon, i know in my beezer i had to put some tape over half of my vent to allow the pressure to reach passengers too :)

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I tried to cover it with my hand but the passengers never got any better.

I was wondering if maybe a paddle inside the dash was sticky and not splitting the airflow the right way. :confused:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Cheers. I thought you must have mis-read it. ;)

I'd say mine was more of a split and more noticable. I'll get them to look at it and compare it to another Leon.

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
BTW.

Mine seems to blow down onto the drivers feet as opposed to the passengers that is more of a sideways vent nearer the floor.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
it may possibly be due to the fact the heater is on the passenger side

blows air across the car and would effectively have to slow down to go back again

mine seems the same too

babaa

Nov 24, 2004
Surrey/Hants
I had the same problem on mine, and car ended up going back to the dealers 2 or 3 times to get it fixed.

Apparently it was some motor/flap controller behind the dash somewhere, but it has already stopped working less than 6 months after being fixed.

I don't like the thought of the dash being pulled apart again (as there were screws left loose in the footwell last time), so I will put up for it for until the warranty is just about to end I think.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
slimjim said:
Sorry Donny.... Monitor died at home. and only just got to work...

Glad you have found someone with the same problem. Hope you get it all fixed under warrenty. :thumbup:

No probs mate. :D

Don't really like the thought of the dash coming apart as its been rattle free so far. I know they will prob fix the heater but I'll end up with a rattle!! :cry:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Haha. Your so right about the rattle being worse.

No one has mentioned it. I just noticed one day that my feet were on fire and that the air was blowing harder on my side.

The drivers comfort is more important anyway!! ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.